in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-01-2009 7:31 AM by elephant. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-30-2009 12:18 PM

Latest purchase ... via eBay

Despite my trepidation about my BV7-40 Mk IV order I have been delighted by my latest eBay purchase and it has confirmed my love for most things B and O !

Last year I was "burnt" by an MX purchase that failed irreparably with 3 hours of starting to use it ... so it was with some hesitation that I bid for a Beotalk 1100

I won it for about the price of the MX (which I still have as it is so beautiful to look at even when powered off I just can't bring myself to throw it on the junk pile)

And it has worked perfectly and SWMBO likes it too - a real bonus as she did not know I had been bidding again :-)

My only word of advice it ... if you every sell a Beotalk, make sure you delete all your messages first !

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-30-2009 1:12 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Latest purchase ... via eBay

Laughing - go on... what was on the answerphone?!!

Takes me back to a time when i first started dealing in cars..  A chap turned up looking very distressed needing to 'trade down' his nearly new Rover 820SLi for a cheaper car and a wad of cash as he 'needed to get away from his psychotic wife' and start again.

Turned out she had good reason to be psychotic...  Two days later the valeter presented me with a wad of rather steamy letters from his mistress (outlining their recreational activities in great detail) that were tucked under the drivers sun visor and came tumbling out when it was flipped down.  We never saw him again, and funnily enough he never came back to ask for them. I can only guess he was too 'tied up'... *cough*

Lee

Whistle

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-30-2009 2:35 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

elephant:

Despite my trepidation about my BV7-40 Mk IV order...

Just out of interest, when is your BV7-40 MKIV arriving? I'm sure you ordered yours a few days before me? Mine came in the store last Tuesday. Have you confirmed a date with your dealer?

I've had, erm, one or two issues with my MKIV, so it might be worth noting to your dealer that they should keep your MKIII in reserve, just in case, for a few days. As it stands right now, I'm getting my MKIII back on Monday and the dealer is removing this MKIV.

• 05-30-2009 5:53 PM In reply to

9 LEE:
    steamy letters from his mistress
    +
    9 LEE:
    their recreational activities
    9 LEE:
    too 'tied up'
    = oh !!!!

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-30-2009 5:54 PM In reply to

moxxey:
    I'm getting my MKIII back on Monday and the dealer is removing this MKIV.

the Mk IV does seem to be a looming catastrophe 

:-(

• 05-30-2009 6:09 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

elephant - you are now a member of the Sherlock Homes Fan Club..

LaughingLaughing

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-31-2009 10:30 AM In reply to

• blue2th
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

i was eyeing that auction but was not "driven" enough to bid for it...secretly hoping a Beotalk 1200 would come up soon.

Do you know if the 1200 was released in Australia?

good on you for securing it.

• 06-01-2009 7:31 AM In reply to

Thanks for letting me win it :-)

I believe the 1200 was released - but I never looked at these units in detail when they were current products

Just very happy to have another bit of B&O kit =)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)