in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-27-2009 8:47 AM by beoaus. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-26-2009 11:16 PM

Help with a Beogram 3000

Hi Beoworlders,

I just bought a Beogram 3000 off ebay, but also just sold my BC9000. I want to be able to connect the Beogram to my Onkyo A-SV810pro Integrated Amplifier. The connections on the back of this for phono are RCA and there is a 'Ground' next to it. The seller suggested the following:

"You'll need to be able to plug it into a five-pin DIN input (such as on vintage european gear) or route it through an older cassette deck with DIN socket, or find an adaptor lead to convert DIN to RCA. Alternatively, if you're handy with a soldering iron, or get a tech to do it, it's relatively straightforward (if a bit fiddly) to convert the lead to two RCA plugs and an earth wire."

Would this work? Or do I need an RIAA (?) thingy? If so, what is involved with this?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 05-27-2009 1:47 AM In reply to

Re: Help with a Beogram 3000

It sounds like the Onkyo has a dedicated phono input - it is labelled phono so I would expect it to have a built in RIAA. All you need is the adapter cable - Steve at Sounds Heavenly can supply a good one.

• 05-27-2009 8:47 AM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Re: Help with a Beogram 3000

Hi Jonathan,

If you just need to test the beogram drop me a PM. If you are still in S'Bank you could pop around (Pt Melb)... I have a DIN to phono/RCA adapter though it has female RCA connectors it just needs to boomerang...

beoaus.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)