in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-30-2007 1:54 PM by PhilLondon. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-12-2007 3:30 AM

Beoport and Wireless

Just picked up a Beoport from store and cannot get it to work. Loaded software with sound jack and USB connected beforehand as stated in instructions. Updated firmware to 1.31 as suggested.

I have a BC2 and Avant as master in main room. Wireless connection to link room connected to a pair of BL 4000's. All that part of the system works fine. I have a Powerbook G4 which I have connected to the Beoport box and then the Box connected to the Wireless receiver box via Masterlink. There is an IR Eye on the Wireless Receiver. (Should it be on the Beoport instead?)

When in main Room I choose N.Radio, nothing happens on the mac in the adjoining room: iTunes does not open. There seems to be no communication.

Am I missing something really obvious?

I would really appreciate some assistance in order to get this to work.

paddy2042

Patrick

• 05-12-2007 5:22 AM In reply to

• Klas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Singapore
    • Posts 96
    • Founder

Re: Beoport and Wireless

Sorry that that this response doesn't help resolve - my understanding from the wireless product is that it doesn't work together with the Beoport set-up.

When the product launched i was in the same situation and reckoned it was the solution to all the problems, however my B&O store people told me that it wasn't possible. Have you got it confirmed from someone else?

Klas

Grant me the serenity to accept the B&O I can't afford

• 05-12-2007 5:27 AM In reply to

Well DJ's in Sydney did not know if it would or not, but allowed me to bring it home to test. We tried it in the shop and had no luck either although I thought it may be their setup. It looks like there is no joy in this product for me. Does it mean that it does work with wired Masterlink?

Thnaks for your response

paddy2042

Patrick

• 05-12-2007 1:35 PM In reply to

The wireless connection is for audio signals only. No data distribution of any kind is ment to be wirelessly transferred.
    That's why the Beolab 2000 isn't compatible with the wireless solution.

That's why I think your ML connection to the Beoport wil/is not functioning properly.
    Try to connect a fully wired ML connector/cable to Beoport.
    i.e. try it with the ML in your avant for test.

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/Community/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=5067&mid=15710#M15710
    First login to B&O community, then click the link.

Filed under:
  • 05-12-2007 6:10 PM In reply to

Thank you for your rreplies. Looks llike I am out of luck.

Does anyone know if using BM-link causes problems with other programmes on a Mac. Since putting it on I cannot get EyeTV to work. It keeps freezing. It worked perfectly fine up until I updated to BM link 1.5.

Patrick

• 05-13-2007 12:16 PM In reply to

So is it just a heavily glorified Airport Express?

Nicholas
  • 05-13-2007 2:26 PM In reply to

Nicholas:

Nicholas
    Yes
  • 05-16-2007 3:57 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Coolskin:
    Nicholas:

Nicholas

Yes

Except that I cannot use my Beo4 to control my Airport Express.  Wireless can change sources, correct?

Stan

• 05-17-2007 2:45 AM In reply to

Stan:
    Coolskin:
    Nicholas:

Nicholas

Yes

Except that I cannot use my Beo4 to control my Airport Express.  Wireless can change sources, correct?

Stan

Wireless comment I do not understand??

Maybe it's best to switch back to BM-link 1.0 for best Beoport performance.
    I did, and have no problems. The frontrow functionality on my (old, IR-less) Mac Mini can be done with a keyboard and mouse.

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/2054.aspx
  • 08-30-2007 12:25 PM In reply to

Is using Beoport together with Wireless1 now possible when WL1 is MkII?
  • 08-30-2007 1:54 PM In reply to

The Beolink wireless does transfer signals, as it does allow the beo4 code to reach the main room.

That said, the Beolink wireless transport sound from the main room to the link room not the other way.

You should place your Beoport in the main room or Masterlink it (wired) with the main room. 

p. 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)