in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-21-2009 3:02 AM by ajames. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-19-2009 9:44 AM

• k984942
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • London, UK
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

Reassign VTape SCART on Avant?

Hi All,

I have reached that stage where there aren't enough scarts on the back of my 32" RF VCR Avant. I would therefore like to use the VCR scart for my X Box 360. So far, just unplugging the VCR scart and inserting the X Box's seems to be working except that whenever I play X Box the video starts playing whatever tape is in there (no picture displayed though). Apart from the fact that the noise is a little annoying, the main issue is that when the tape runs out the screen goes grey and I lose the X Box image. 

Is there a way to completely reassign the Scart so that it has nothing to do with the built in VCR?

Furthermore, I would appreciate members' thoughts on which devices I should plug into where to achieve the best picture quality:

Virgin V+ (currently in the DECODER scart)

DVD1 (currently in the AV scart)

X Box 360 (currently in the VTape scart)

Apple Airport Express (in the CAMCORDER input)

Thanks

32" RF VCR Avant, 2 x 28" VCR Avant, DVD1, Beocom 6000, Beo5, A9 Keyring!

• 05-19-2009 1:36 PM In reply to

Re: Reassign VTape SCART on Avant?

There is but it depends on your software version.

Go into the service menu (Menue, Setup, 0,0, Go)

If the option Avant Variant is there (number 4 I think) press Go 

It will then ask if you have an internal VCR - press up or down to select No, then press Go, the EXIT

You might have to do this everytime you power off or on completely as I think it senses the VCR and selects it automatically. 

You should then be able to select your Xbox by pressing V-Tape 

Try not having a tape in there as well.

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 05-19-2009 3:01 PM In reply to

• k984942
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • London, UK
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for your response ajames but no joy unfortunately!

When I change the chasis variant to 'No' internal VCR the strangest thing happens....

The 'Sat' button on the Beo4 which used to switch on my V+ then becomes V Tape (i.e my X Box) and the V Tape button on the Beo4 become V+! 

There also appears to be no way to switch them back around to the way they were. I've been into Connections in the setup menu and it claims that Sat is still mapped to V+ and V Tape to V Tape.

I then got the bright idea that if I switch V Tape to V+ and Sat to V Tape then I should have things the way I want them! Unfortunately there is no option to map Sat to V Tape so this plan failed!

Help guys!

• 05-19-2009 4:53 PM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

Why use the scart? I just leave the 3 coloured phono leads in the camcorder jacks at the rear, as soon as I switch on the X box the TV goes to camcorder and brings up the X Box picture.

Jonnie

• 05-19-2009 6:07 PM In reply to

Actually using the camcorder sockets is a good option and as you don't need to link the x-box to other rooms is probably a good choice.

I had loads of problems trying to do something similar and use the camcorder for my computer and it works fine

Guess the other alternative is a scart expander?

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 05-20-2009 4:05 AM In reply to

• k984942
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • London, UK
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

Re: Reassign V Tape SCART on Avant?

Actually I do like the link to another room option as my Xbox wireless controllers do work in the linked bedroom. For this reason I avoided using the camcorder input.

I'm therefore still without a solution for how to properly utilise the V Tape Scart.

Also, any thoughts on how I've connected the various boxes to my main Avant? I'm sure I read that some of the scarts offer better picture quality than others?

• 05-20-2009 8:04 AM In reply to

Going back to using the VTAPE Socket and the reassignment of the other sockets - I'm not sure why that should be unless you can assign 1 and 2 and 3 is V.Aux or something. I know that I managed to use it as VTAPE. I think the two RGB Sockets are VTAPE and AV

I kept messing around until I got it to do what I wanted but there is a problem with the lack of inputs

Is you DVD a Bang and Olufsen one. If not then you could try an automatic scart splitter- this would allow you to connect multiple sources to the AV or DVD input and distribute the sound and picture on the link network.

• 05-20-2009 2:56 PM In reply to

so could you use an automatic scart splitter to connect a Wii, Set Top Box and Mac mini to the AV input and if so, what would you select on the Avant menu?

• 05-21-2009 3:02 AM In reply to

set it to DVD or V.AUX then the scart connector takes over and selects the device for you. I don't think it owuld work though if you have a DVD1 - you'd probably need to get an AV Expander from B&O to do that

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)