in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-29-2009 4:00 PM by stefan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-29-2009 8:06 AM

Beolink 7000 fried?

Hi,

A Beolink 7000 should work w/o batteries as long it sits in the table or floorstand right? 

I had my Beolink in my tablecharger when I noticed it was indicating source from mainroom wich it never did before (not w/o "tapping"). When i "tapped" the plate nothing happend, no update or coming alive. So I unhooked it from charger and the batteripack + plate was very hot. Now after I have cut the old batterypack away i have isolated the cables and wanted to see if still works or if its totaly fried. When i put it back into charger i get "standby-dot" as usually but it doesnt respond on "tapping" on plate. 

Is the "crystal" or "thing" under the plate fried? I seem to recall that it was heatsesitive...

Backgroundinfo is that coz i had problems with this beolink that it never "rest" outside the charger (never goes black for more then 10 sec then turns back on again) I had this one all the time in the tablecharger. Batteripack im not sure its original B&O one and had plans to remove/replace it before but never come to do it tho :(

Thanx for any info or maybe even help :D would love to get it running again hehe

Jesper L

Sweden

• 06-29-2009 8:46 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: Beolink 7000 fried?

I`m afraid, I can`t really help you, but there is a BL7000 expert and Beoworld member in Sweden. His name is ridax (Mikael). He lives in Göteborg.

Maybe it`s a good idea to contact him directly, because he is not that much online....I`m sure he can and will help you.

BTW I`m wondering why your BL7000 never goes to Standby mode, as it should do, even when placed in charger. In Standby mode the BL7000 just displays current time or a red dot - deepends on settings and your system.

Stefan

• 06-29-2009 12:21 PM In reply to

Thanx for the tip :)

The BL7000 did behave correctly when in charger, black with red dot after X sec of no use and when in use fully lit up and correctly communicated with my mainroom. But as soon i took it of charger it then started to "toggle on and off" all the time, thats why i eventually let it sit in charger.

It was only in "free-use" it was missbehaving.

Cheers

Jesper

• 06-29-2009 4:00 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Ok. So I misunderstood. The fault you describe - flshing on-off the red display(?) - is a sign of low battery I think. One of my BL7000s did the same and after changing and charging batteries everything worked fine.

Good luck

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)