in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-10-2009 4:44 PM by XavierItzmann. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-09-2009 6:08 PM

• jeadm1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-04-2009
    • Posts 1
    • Silver Member

beosound 2000 - can't get AM radio volume Is there a switch someware? Any solutions?

I just bought a Beosound 2000 and i love the sound  but I can't get AM Radio sound from the speakers.  The buttoms show they are tuned to the AM station, but no sound.  Am I missing a switch?

My research tells me the Europan models didn't have AM capability.  Could I have a model designed for the European market?  will my catalogue No. ident ify a European model?

Will an AM antenna work?

B & O Jack

• 08-09-2009 6:41 PM In reply to

Re: beosound 2000 - can't get AM radio volume Is there a switch someware? Any solutions?

Not too sure about this.  But would a european model not use a different plug due to the different type of voltage system they use???

• 08-10-2009 5:20 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: beosound 2000 - can't get AM radio volume Is there a switch someware? Any solutions?

Hey Jack!
    Welcome to BeoWorld, and thanks for joining as a silver member. 
    I have no experience with the BS2000/Century, but I have just had a look at the service manual on this site, it's a good one!
    The "Test Mode" described on page 63 seems to be able to tell you which variant you have. If you haven't downloaded it yet, it's HERE.
    Also, I would suggest that if there is no AM socket (appears to be the rectangular type next to the "Aux" socket), then it is unlikely to have AM.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 08-10-2009 4:44 PM In reply to

In my experience with Beosound 2300 and Beosound 3000, unless the AM antenna is plugged in, there is absolutely no reception.  None whatsoever.  Hence, you can tune in an AM station, but no sound will be forthcoming. At best, one might some white noise.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)