in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-05-2009 10:58 AM by PD. 29 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-26-2009 2:59 PM

BV9 in black or white? Opinion please

What do you think?

Shall I stick with black or change to white?

• 01-26-2009 3:06 PM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV9 in black or white? Opinion please

The white is more "futuristic" but beautiful.

The black is classical.

Go for the white !

• 01-26-2009 3:09 PM In reply to

• hebo
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 305
    • Founder

my girlfriend says white, and so do I.

Looks very nice,

and if you change your mind later on you can always go back to black.......

BV10

• 01-26-2009 3:37 PM In reply to

The white is not for me. I far prefer the classic black look. When B&O first announced white products I was keen to see them. However, there is nothing that captures me in the 'white range' at all other than the BV8, which does work well I think.

Simon.

• 01-26-2009 3:59 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

The black option for me, for a couple of reasons: firstly I like the white (and have thought of a white BV8, myself), but think I'd wear thin of the look after a period of time. Secondly, it's more impractical. Every time I see a white product in my local B&O, it seems to have got dirty and become a little grey. My thoughts are that it's hard enough keeping my black BV8 clean; how hard would it be to keep a white BV8 clean? Not easy, for sure.

• 01-26-2009 4:03 PM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

With a white BL2 and white BL8000s I think the choice is obvious: WHITE.

You can always change back.

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 01-26-2009 5:17 PM In reply to

I would go for black as well. There is few products that I think would work in white .... namely BV8, BS3, BS1 .... I don't like that combination of alu frame and white speaker clothing .....

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 01-26-2009 5:20 PM In reply to

I would say white !

Why not .... more extravagat ! Your place is loking beautiful and whith the dark wall behing ....

Just .... white Smile

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 01-26-2009 5:22 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Visually I prefer the black

Practically I... Also prefer the black : with white your eyes will be distracted from the screen, that's less comfortable when you watch TV...

• 01-26-2009 5:35 PM In reply to

• Emil
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 98
    • Bronze Member

I'm not sure the silver frame of the BV9 goes very well with the white speaker cloth. But as mentioned above - with white BL8000's and BL2 - white would be my choice. Otherwise - black never goes out of fashion. But that's on the other hand also one of B&O's strengths - you can choose between different colours when you buy your loudspeakers, tv:s and, in some cases, even your stereo - and you can change colour at a later stage if you should regret your initial choice. Quite expensive though...  

Inflagrante

• 01-26-2009 5:35 PM In reply to

• Xseries
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hampshire
    • Posts 433
    • Bronze Member

Another vote for black, noir, svart, negro, sort, zwart, schwarz, czarny and preto!

Brian

• 01-26-2009 6:02 PM In reply to

Is the all-white image 'shopped or for real?

Buther either way I would stick with the all-black version. For several reasons:

The main reason being the BL8000. Your BL8000 already seems to have gotten the white treatment, as they have white covers in both pics. But sorry, to me the BL8000 is the speaker in the range, which is by far the most inappropriate. Their design suffers bad from the white cover. To my eyes it just doesnt´t suit to the black base. The design basically consits of 2 elements: Polished alu and matte black parts. Any third element ruins everything. And a white base is imho not an option, as the black nicely balances and somewhat grounds the whole body of the column.

I have similar reservations against the white BL2 and the white BV9. With BL2 the contrast between the glossy white finish of the housing and the deep black speaker membranes seems way too much, it would be probably much better, if they were using gray membranes instead. And the white cover for BV9 seems way too distracting for my eyes too. Besides this, I wouldn´t again like the contrast between the big black screen and the white cloth when switched off.

So keep the classic black. 

Kind regards, beoberlin

• 01-26-2009 7:26 PM In reply to

• msinn
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-11-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 48
    • Gold Member

I would opt for the black one:

First, the white is distracting while wathing tv. (I even think of changing my aluminium frame to black because of that)

Second, when the tv is turned of it destroys the picture/frame design. You are left with a frame showing to 1/3 a white beach and for 2/3 a starless night.

I love some of the white modells of B&O, but it's not for the BV9

• 01-26-2009 7:37 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Well black is beautiful but it doesn't look right next to your white speakers!

I vote to take those white covers off the BL8000 because they look silly
    (but the answer to your question, both black and white on the BL9 look equally great in that image, just different. The black compliments the BL2, the white compliments the 8000's)

If you had white BL9's i'd go for the white BV9 colour i like the look of all colours matching (i wish i could re-trim my BV3 in white so it would match)

I must say mr anders(son) - get BL9's! The room will flow so much better.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-26-2009 8:35 PM In reply to

I took my BV9 in red/black.  Never regretted it! It works well with my Pentas, and I have just added Red/black Beolab 6000s as surrounds.  I should mention that my sectional sofa is black with red leather accents!

Barry

• 01-26-2009 8:50 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

PLEASE post pictures! I've gotta see this

• 01-26-2009 9:02 PM In reply to

Hi There,

Firstly you have a beautiful home... 

Without doubt black! I my opinion the BV5/BV9 looks absolutely stunning in all black (alu frame and cloth)... and thats whats on my shopping list...

I'm also in agreement with several other members with points they have made such as.....

1. The white will distract when watching TV, look how the TV image 'pops' with the black option as the contrast makes the speaker cloth recede.

2. When off the black screen will look terrible against the white cloth, and there will visually be too many elements, the screen, the  silver Alu frame , and white cloth. Perhaps if the frame was also white it might look a little better but not convinced on that though.

Lastly I agree totally with Beoberlin regarding the speakers, he makes some very articulate observations..... so only black please.

Well good luck with the decision!

Laurence.

• 01-27-2009 1:23 AM In reply to

• GANGO
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • italy
    • Posts 48
    • Bronze Member

i wanted to change the cover of my bv9 and bl 9 and go for the white option. but my dealer told me that this is not that  easy as is was with the cover of the bv3 for example. so you must use some tools or bring it to your dealer to change the color !!!

gango

• 01-27-2009 2:32 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Hi west coast!

Personally I prefer black all the way. But with white 8k's and 2 the 9 also shall go white.

/East coast

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 05-01-2009 4:06 AM In reply to

It´s done.....for 12EURYes -  thumbs up

And I heard that the aluframe shall come in whiteSmile

• 05-01-2009 4:53 AM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

I was going to say black.... but I have to admit this look pretty edgy with your place ! Nice work.

• 05-01-2009 9:06 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Yep, this does look really nice. The day i decide to buy a flat panel, will be the day i get a white beovision 9.

• 05-01-2009 9:39 AM In reply to

Thanx....but maybe it will be even nicer with black frame or??

• 05-01-2009 10:28 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Oh noooo that's the best part. The icing on the cake for you i think will be some new ALT BeoLabs in white.

• 05-01-2009 3:23 PM In reply to

I think the White Grill looks very nice and if I had a Bv 9 i'd do it but the Black does not show the front up like the White does.....but I think here the White is ment to GET NOTICED and focus you on the Bv 9 which I think it does!

I love the pic of the Bv9 with the White Grill and if you look just above the speaker you can see edge of the screen going across the top of the speaker grill which is not so noticeable in black but I think it looks nice as it sets  the Whole Screen off.

But everyone has there own idea and  for me be nice to see the Bv7-55 in White when it comes out!

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >