in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-19-2008 4:45 PM by benkap. 25 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-17-2008 5:11 PM

Samsung & Armani: The end of BangVision?

Thought I'd beat certain people to the punch, but see article here:

http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/04/17/samsung.armani.lcd.tv/

I will now put on my "No Facts All Opinion Yob Cap"

"I think Bang better watch out because new competition is popping up every day and their prices just aren't realistic and customers are looking for more. Even this Armani screen is 120hz and that means that it's definately better than any Bangvision no matter what Bang say. It also has a glass screen, so you can just pre-shut up on that one, Bang.

Bang has to realize that their prices are too high and they are not the only ones who can buy Samsung screens and slap their logo on it and charge more than I can afford for it. Otherwise customers will continue to leave the brand and shake their heads and buy the regular Samsung (which is the same without the bang logo) and enjoy all of the picture quality (did you know you can access menus on non-Bang screens and turn the color quality, tint quality, and contrast quality all the way up? Maybe bang should do this!).  

I bet that the Armani version will have over a dozen HDMI inputs and that those inputs will all be HDMI 2.0 so they can use my 14.6 surround sound system and my 84fps picture. Not like Bang vision witch is too slow to adopt new technologies that people want."

There. Saved you the trouble. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 04-17-2008 5:29 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: Samsung & Armani: The end of BangVision?

This Samsung TV really looks nice, especially the glass-front is a real improvement IMO. But somehow, I think you miss something: do you complain about LV bags or Breitling watches being so expensive while you can get products of similar quality for less than 1/4 of the price?

Some of B&O TVs are not up to date any more, but still very good. When it comes to speakers, B&O is in a league of its own and the music-systems offer all the comfort they should.

I am sure that B&O will not miss the train again!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 04-17-2008 5:34 PM In reply to

• beodim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 130
    • Founder

Sorry, but in my opinion this TV looks as nice as a tomb stone.

BV7-40, BC6-26, DVD2, BCordV8000, BS4, BS2, BS Ouverture, BC9500, BM8000, BCord9000, BL8000, BL6000, BL2, BL3, BVox4500, BCom6000, Beomedia1, BCom5, Serenata

• 04-17-2008 6:38 PM In reply to

Apparently Tom didn't pick up on my sarcasm!

I do like the tombstone idea, though. It could have a rolling news crawl along the bottom for mourners on the go! 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 04-17-2008 6:47 PM In reply to

• 04-17-2008 6:49 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Well I for one see this from a somewhat different perspective.  To Bingo and all the 'Cut Pricee!' fanatics here on BeoWorld, I say that this is a shot directly across your bow.  If Samsung and Armani feel that they can create a prestige product with a little badge engineering, and charge a premium for it then indeed Bang & Olufsen may be forced to raise prices in order to protect their reputation and standing among the more price and brand concious buyers.  If one can charge more merely for cosmetics, then imagine the premium to be charged for actual technical advantage!

Russ

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 04-17-2008 7:09 PM In reply to

TripEnglish:

Thought I'd beat certain people to the punch, but see article here:

http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/04/17/samsung.armani.lcd.tv/

I will now put on my "No Facts All Opinion Yob Cap"

"I think Bang better watch out because new competition is popping up every day and their prices just aren't realistic and customers are looking for more. Even this Armani screen is 120hz and that means that it's definately better than any Bangvision no matter what Bang say. It also has a glass screen, so you can just pre-shut up on that one, Bang.

Bang has to realize that their prices are too high and they are not the only ones who can buy Samsung screens and slap their logo on it and charge more than I can afford for it. Otherwise customers will continue to leave the brand and shake their heads and buy the regular Samsung (which is the same without the bang logo) and enjoy all of the picture quality (did you know you can access menus on non-Bang screens and turn the color quality, tint quality, and contrast quality all the way up? Maybe bang should do this!).  

I bet that the Armani version will have over a dozen HDMI inputs and that those inputs will all be HDMI 2.0 so they can use my 14.6 surround sound system and my 84fps picture. Not like Bang vision witch is too slow to adopt new technologies that people want."

There. Saved you the trouble. 

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Thy most be confident with a daring design like that, never seen that before....

• 04-17-2008 8:38 PM In reply to

Yeaaah .... that's it baby .... I bet they thought long and hard about it. I wonder what inspired them to add glas to the cheap plastic.

I was expecting more when they announced that few month back. 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 04-17-2008 9:02 PM In reply to

Hmmm........ Armani and cheaper prices never seen these two together before.

As for  "glass", perhaps B&O's anti-reflective screen coating is in order.  Glass on a flat panel is the worst idea in a sun lit room.

Roger

• 04-18-2008 1:30 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

nothing special here . 100% boring armani wanna be TV wants to compete with a beovision 4 - bl10 ?
  • 04-18-2008 2:06 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I couldn't even conceive buying that TV. 120Hz isn't good enough for me - I want 121Hz otherwise the picture is terrible...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 04-18-2008 3:02 AM In reply to

Don't see anything special about this screen... Put it next to a Philips/Samsung/Toshiba/Sharp and it doesn't stand out..; Just some designer label stuck on it and ask XX% more

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 04-18-2008 3:23 AM In reply to

i just hope bno don't start using designers like vivienne westwood or tracy emmin

popgear is grate™

• 04-18-2008 6:46 AM In reply to

Think this company did a better job, and not hard to see where they have there inspiration from.... and it's controlled by beo4.
  • 04-18-2008 7:35 AM In reply to

Also in the UK the 40" version costs £2,623 INCLUDING VAT and it is also made by a Danish company.

In the UK look HERE for it.

Regards Keith....

• 04-18-2008 7:36 AM In reply to

The Stig - ver. 1.7:
    Think this company did a better job, and not hard to see where they have there inspiration from.... and it's controlled by beo4.

Agree, Zepto did a far better job using a copycat Beovision for their product than Armani/Samsung design? or [re]badge ?! it's a ugly looking TV [looks like a glas box/cover surrounding the actual TV and stil have to be removed to discover the actual TV underneath/inside.

Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 04-18-2008 7:18 PM In reply to

Just awful.
  • 04-18-2008 8:11 PM In reply to

Stiff competition for Bangvisions. Donald Lewis must be quaking in his boots.

• 04-19-2008 5:20 AM In reply to

Totally agreed that the Armani TV looks boring. Are you sure a Samsung factory worker-joker hasn't just decided to play an April fools on us all by placing a sticker of Emporio Armani's logo just above the Samsung logo? Laughing

As for the Zepto TV, why haven't B&O taken them to court over this design? It's a complete copy. Have I missed something here?

• 04-19-2008 5:49 AM In reply to

TripEnglish:

Who is Donald Lewis? 

• 04-19-2008 5:52 AM In reply to

soundproof:

TripEnglish:

Who is Donald Lewis? 

a relative of mr Lewis or mr Duck ?....................Whistle

Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 04-19-2008 11:38 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

I think Trip was being humorous.

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 04-19-2008 1:07 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

soundproof:

TripEnglish:

Who is Donald Lewis? 

He's the guy who used to work with Mickey Jensen!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 04-19-2008 1:08 PM In reply to

That's right! Don & Mickey. Those were the good old days.

• 04-19-2008 1:13 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Poor me, never win owt!

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >