in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-28-2009 4:40 AM by wirralsimon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-26-2009 7:39 PM

A Selection of vintage B&O items. What to do with them?

Hello all,

It has certainly been quite a while since I have posted here.

I have recently been gifted a selection of items of vintage B&O hardware, these were; a Beomaster 1001, a Beocenter 2100, a pair of Beovox 2702s and a pair of Beovox 1700s.

They are all in working order and simple in need of a good clean but now that I have them I am not really sure what to do with them. Are the worth hanging on to or should I simply dispose of them? I currently have a Beosound 1 and full Quad setup to satisfy my vintage needs so am not really sure where these items can fit in.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

NB

• 04-27-2009 1:53 AM In reply to

Re: A Selection of vintage B&O items. What to do with them?

The Beomaster 1001 can look very good wall mounted in a bedroom and I would pick the better sounding speakers. The 2100 is the Japanese cassette receiver - don't see many around! The sound will not astound you - a bit bass heavy.

• 04-27-2009 2:08 PM In reply to

Hi NB

I used to have a pair of 2702s and they are fine, well-balanced and relatively accurate speakers not unlike a sort of S45.2 for the early 70s.  The BM 1001 will drive them well in small to medium rooms. 

Not sure about the Japanese-built 2100, but the consensus is that it doesn't compare to the Danish-built pieces of the same period (or any period for that matter)

Cleve

• 04-28-2009 4:40 AM In reply to

It all depends if there is anywhere in your house you can accomodate more B&O. The Beomaster 1001 is a nice looking unit and has B&O's 'Ambiophonic' facility if you plugged four speakers in. If it was me I would have fun playing with that and then decide what to keep but the 2702 and the Beomaster are cerainly well worth keeping. You could carry the generosity on and part with  the 2100 on via your local Freecyle group.

Simon

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)