in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-11-2010 2:27 PM by PhilLondon. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-10-2010 2:54 PM

• lano
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2010
    • Posts 66
    • Gold Member

Simulated IR control (MLGW)

Hi, does anybody know the technical reason why products like Beolink actice/passive need to have S/W 1.6 in order to be controlled from MLGW through ML by simulated IR control (and why can't old products like Overture and products connected to a beolink converter be controlled)?

The key question maby is; what is the difference between simulated IR control and ML commands sent from a Beolab 3500 (for example)?

According to the documentation found here a Beolab 2000 can be controlled, why can't products connected to a beolink active then be controlled?

/Lars

• 07-10-2010 5:05 PM In reply to

Re: Simulated IR control (MLGW)

The software of old devices is programmed to respond to IR commands through their IR receivers, not through the MasterLink.

Let's say you are in a link room and you press CD on your remote. The Beolink Active will send a message to the main room Beosound to send the sound of the CD to the Masterlink.

The CD will start, but the sound will not be heard in the main room. This shows the command "Send me the CD sound" over ML is different from the "CD" command send via IR (as this command would play the CD on the main room speakers.

p.

• 07-11-2010 5:04 AM In reply to

• lano
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2010
    • Posts 66
    • Gold Member

Hmm, are you sure? When I press CD on the BEO4 in the bathroom (Beolab 3500) then my BeoCenter 2300 (connected through a beolink converter to ML) start to play the CD and also send the audio through powerlink.

/Lars

• 07-11-2010 9:34 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

I think Phil meant that you would not hear the CD in the room where the CD player was playing, just in the bathroom.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-11-2010 11:36 AM In reply to

• lano
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2010
    • Posts 66
    • Gold Member

But I do hear the sound in the main room also...

• 07-11-2010 2:27 PM In reply to

You should not hear it unless another source is already started, like radio, or if the IR signal somehow goes from the bathroom and reaches the IR receiver of the BC2300.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)