in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-01-2009 10:08 AM by diggs2701. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-29-2009 10:03 PM

Beo5 Config Connection Problem

My Beo5 currently has sw1.20a and I am trying to upgrade it to the latest version and add my configuration. I'm having problems with the connection between the beo5 and the configuration tool. The beo5 shows up as a remote in device manager so I think it installed drivers correctly (XP Service Pack 3). When I start up the config tool it does not recognize the beo5 so there is no way to sync (says there is no beo5 connected). Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Diggs

• 03-30-2009 2:09 AM In reply to

Re: Beo5 Config Connection Problem

Try a different USB port.

Try to switch off the BEO5 before connecting it to the PC. It will switch on when you put it on his stand.

Good luck.

Piet

• 03-30-2009 9:33 AM In reply to

Thank you Piet.

I tried different USB ports and turned the beo5 off before I docked it on the charger. Still nothing... I even uninstalled the driver and re-installed. Again, the beo5 seems to be working perfectly with windows xp; shows up everytime I connect, but for some reason the configuration tool doesn't recognize it is hooked up. Does the tool only look for certain USB ports? I have it hooked into a USB hub.

Also, since I have SW1.20a do I neeed a certain version of configuration tool (ex:1.00, 1.30, 2.20)?

Diggs

• 03-31-2009 1:40 AM In reply to

Diggs,

has it ever worked on the PC you are using now?

About the software: it is not possible to download the configuration with older versions of the configuration tool, if the firmware is more recent. I recommend to use the newest version you own. Latest version is firmware 1.40a and Config Tool 2.20.

In the past I have red that connecting to an USB hub could case problems.

Piet

• 03-31-2009 9:23 AM In reply to

It has never worked on the PC I am currently using (as far a syncing my configuration I created).

So I should use the newest version of the tool (ver-2.20) to update from 1.20a to SW1.40a? So version 2.20 will work with SW1.20a?

I will try connecting directly to the computer and see if that helps. Thanks,

Diggs

• 03-31-2009 10:11 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

It could be a hardware problem of your PC and in this case the firmware upgrade wouldn't help.

If your computer has a chipset from "SiS" there's a problem with detecting and connecting to the Beo 5 via USB.
    This problem exists on every Computer using a chipset (USB-Controller etc.) from SiS.

You can check this in the device manager from Windows.

But you should  upgrade the Beo 5, too. The newest firmware and tool is required and fixed some bugs.

Good luck

• 04-01-2009 10:08 AM In reply to

The chipset was the problem. I put everything on another computer and it worked perfectly. Finally updated! Thank you all for your help!

Diggs2701

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)