in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-01-2009 11:54 AM by gk31ax. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-31-2009 4:52 AM

• Meng
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2007
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Cleaning a contrast screen Beovision 3 32"

Hi guys, this morning the sun was shining bright into my livingroom and I saw some spots en stripes what appears to be on the inside of my contrast screen. Is it easy to remove and carefully cleaned?

Thanks for any reply,

Conan

• 03-31-2009 8:44 AM In reply to

Re: Cleaning a contrast screen Beovision 3 32"

Hi Meng

I dont think its dirt or something i think its a faulty contrast sreen,and its not easy

to remove and if you do that that be very carefull about what you use to clean it

with the best solution is something called Multi-foam from a brand called com,but as

i dont know where you live i dont know if you can get it there

regards

jan

• 03-31-2009 9:12 AM In reply to

Have the same Beovision and it's easy to clean . Remove the front cover gently and remove the 4 screws from the glass . It's better to be with 2 people to hold the glass after removing the 4 screws . Then just with  a bit of alcohol 0r methylated spirit on a piece of soft cleaning paper will do the trick . Afterwards just wipe with a clean piece of paper the screen inside . Same with the picture tube off course . And blow away dust that's behind the glass maybe . After that you have a clean picture again .

Ger

• 03-31-2009 9:46 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

gerspee:

Have the same Beovision and it's easy to clean . Remove the front cover gently and remove the 4 screws from the glass . It's better to be with 2 people to hold the glass after removing the 4 screws . Then just with  a bit of alcohol 0r methylated spirit on a piece of soft cleaning paper will do the trick . Afterwards just wipe with a clean piece of paper the screen inside . Same with the picture tube off course . And blow away dust that's behind the glass maybe . After that you have a clean picture again .

Ger

EEK!!! no no do not use any solvents! If a lint free cloth will not remove the mark then leave it! I cleaned my screen, inside and out and it was frightening, those screens are very expensive and the inner layer was very sensitive. Lint free cloth, or leave it be!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 04-01-2009 1:48 AM In reply to

• Meng
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2007
    • Posts 70
    • Bronze Member

Goodmorning everyone, came home last night from work and tried to remove the contrast screen. To be honest, took me about 20 minutes in totall to remove it, clean it and place it back, piece of cake. I only used a good piece of cloth, no water or what so ever. Everything came off easy.

I checked the screen in the full sunlight and what I noticed was that the screen looks like an ordinary piece of plastic, nothing special about it?? Do all screens look like that??

Thanks for any reply......

• 04-01-2009 9:22 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Well it is coated on both sides with anti reflex substance, and it is made from very delicate glass.

• 04-01-2009 9:42 AM In reply to

Dave:

and it is made from very delicate glass.

how delicate? are these easy to shatter? how about the avant? re: my 16 monther likes to bang (no pun intended) her bubby bottle off the avant's screen...

• B&o bottle opener
  • 04-01-2009 10:03 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

It's the same glass on the AVANT. Even a knock from a rigid object (such as the tip of a Beo4) will shatter it. I'd freak if i saw something being thrown at a Beovision! Surprise

• 04-01-2009 10:08 AM In reply to

oh boy! now i am scared! she isn't so much throwing things as she is literally drumming on it! argh!

i think i will pull mine off tonight and evaluate! it has never been off, so likely due for a cleaning anyway!

thx for the tips w/ the cleaning! now i just need your help figuring out where to move it so she doesn't bust it! Erm

• B&o bottle opener
  • 04-01-2009 10:21 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Give her something else to drum on :D

Not sure how the AVANT screen comes off, might be a little more tricky - god speed

• 04-01-2009 11:54 AM In reply to

easy, just 2 screws on the underside and pull gently from the bottom......

Sort of reminds me of the oven door on my Smeg oven....

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)