in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-20-2009 2:19 PM by Michael. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-18-2009 8:37 AM

Beovision 8 & STB problem

I have a new BV8 32" with a STB connected.

(I have the DVB-T module installed but not used)

The B&O installer installed the STB as V-AUX on one of the scart connections.

To start viewing I need first to touch "TV" at the Beo4 to start the BV8 and then "list" & "V-AUX" to start also the STB.

The problem is that sometimes I cannot get the sound out (picture goes on fine). I have then to do the procedure once again (sometimes more times) and then it "suddenly" works as it should...

Preferably I would like to touch only one button to start "everything", but at least the sound should go on correctly if I do the first mentioned sequence.

Any suggestions?

/Claes

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

Filed under:
  • 03-18-2009 9:32 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 8 & STB problem

Strange... I would have configured it another way.

If only the STB is connected then I would connect it to AV1 -> STB (DTV)

That way you can start your STB by simply pressing the DTV button on your Beo4...

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 03-18-2009 9:56 AM In reply to

Agree, after reading the manual. The installer guy did the works so I was not really involved.

If i touch "DTV" with the current configuration, the internal DVB-T module starts....

Maybe that module makes it impossible to assign e.g. AV-1 to STB (DTV).

I will make another try tonight. 

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

• 03-18-2009 10:09 AM In reply to

There is DTV and there is also TV? What do you have TV used for? I am using TV for my Apple TV and DTV for my Wii and then DVD for my BC2.

Works like a charm. I dont have the DVB module but don't think that prevents you from using TV if DTV is linked to it.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 03-18-2009 10:23 AM In reply to

jk1002:

There is DTV and there is also TV? What do you have TV used for? I am using TV for my Apple TV and DTV for my Wii and then DVD for my BC2.

Works like a charm. I dont have the DVB module but don't think that prevents you from using TV if DTV is linked to it.

When I press "TV" the set is just starting up, probably using the antenna inlet (no antenna connected. Only STB).

How can I make the configuration so that I press "TV" and get the "AV1" activated (and the STB)? 

• 03-18-2009 10:55 AM In reply to

If you have a DVB-T module installed in any Beovision it is assigned to DTV automatically and cannot be changed.

It also means that if you have the DVB-T module installed you can only control ONE STB

Regards Keith....

• 03-18-2009 11:03 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

If you have a DVB-T module installed in any Beovision it is assigned to DTV automatically and cannot be changed.

It also means that if you have the DVB-T module installed you can only control ONE STB

Thanks Keith, thats what I thought regarding DTV button.

What´s your call regarding the TV / V-AUX setup I have? 

If I press "List" / "V-AUX" / "GO" everything starts up nicely, but then I get no sound Sad 

• 03-18-2009 11:18 AM In reply to

If you do NOT use the TV button and press "List the V.AUX then GO, when you get picture but no sound

Press MUTE twice.

Does the sound come on ?

Regards Keith....

• 03-19-2009 3:45 AM In reply to

Yes, the sound comes on if I press MUTE twice. Thanks for the tip!

Solves part of the problem, but I don´t really see the logic to why it works that way.

(B&O tells med that TV button is dedicated to the analog aerial in)

/Claes

• 03-19-2009 4:03 AM In reply to

Claes,

Whilst using the "mute" key is a workaround, it is not a solution.

The problem you have identified is caused by a software problem and can only be fixed with a "yet to be produced" software update.

You should contact your dealer and get them to report it to B&O who may already be aware of this issue.

Regards Keith....

• 03-19-2009 5:43 AM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

Claes,

Whilst using the "mute" key is a workaround, it is not a solution.

The problem you have identified is caused by a software problem and can only be fixed with a "yet to be produced" software update.

You should contact your dealer and get them to report it to B&O who may already be aware of this issue.

Thanks Keith,

I will let my dealer know.

Also, my dealer tells me that they have put a request in to denmark to let the TV button to be freely assigned to any input. May also come in that software update Wink

/Claes

• 03-19-2009 5:57 AM In reply to

Hiort:
    Also, my dealer tells me that they have put a request in to denmark to let the TV button to be freely assigned to any input. May also come in that software update Wink

Claes,

That will NOT be possible until they stop using analogue tuners

Regards Keith....

• 03-19-2009 10:04 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

Keith Saunders:

Hiort:

Claes,

That will NOT be possible until they stop using analogue tuners

Keith,

Does this mean that it will not be possible to update that aspect of the software until there is physically no analog tuner in the box? Or is it until it's no longer being mandated to include an analog tuner ( as is occuring in the US).

I believe with the BS3 ( US version) you can disable (in the service menu) the 2nd tuner module which is hardwired to the DTV input. Is this not possible with the BV8 in Europe?

I hear your pain Claes. I would give anything to have my "Over The Air" HDTV (the ATSC module hardwired to DTV in the US) be assigned to simply "TV". I feel ridiculous every time I have to explain to a guest that they need to ignore the "TV" button when they want to simply watch TV.

-Michael

• 03-19-2009 11:33 AM In reply to

Agree Michael, That was pretty difficult to explain to my wife as well.... /Claes

• 03-19-2009 12:38 PM In reply to

@ michael: Our BV8 in the US doesnt have the analog tuner. So we can use it actually freely. I have mine setup to work with my Apple TV.

Cheers

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 03-20-2009 2:19 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

Thanks JK.

I was actually thinking of the ATSC module in the BS3 that is hardwired to the DTV input. My hope was that it's ability to be disabled in the service menu might be relevant in Claes' situation.

It sounds like it probably is not and as you pointed out the US/EU versions appear to be very different animals.

-Michael

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)