in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-17-2009 1:54 PM by beaker. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-14-2009 2:04 AM

BEOGRAM CD50

Somebody please help. I have a Beogram CD50 that I bought about 7 years ago and was working just fine. I kept stored away all this time and now the door does not open anymore. I thought it was the belt that dried up and I do believe is that, so I tried to open it thinking it would be pretty easy to replace but I was very wrong. Too many parts to remove and I don't feel I can do it. What can I do ? I live in San Antonio, TX. How much is it going to cost? Do they have service places here or do I have to mail it?

Thanks

Sergio

Filed under:
  • 03-14-2009 8:14 AM In reply to

Re: BEOGRAM CD50

Get some silicone grease and clean off all the old grease from the mechanism and then relubricate with the new grease and I would not be suprised if this cured your problem. I have had this issue in the past and found that a good clean and relubricaion was all that was needed

• 03-14-2009 11:59 AM In reply to

The only problem with that is that I tried to open the beast and I've got to the part were I'm able to remove the laser to one side but I cannot go past that. I'm afraid I cannot put it back together. I rather pay for support and have it fixed. Any suggestion on a repair center here in San Antonio, TX ?

Thanks

• 03-17-2009 1:54 PM In reply to

Its not that difficult and you dont have to remove anything if I remember correctly.

take the top off, then open the draw. You can then clean the cogs of the mechanism with cotton buds and alcohol to remove the old grease. Then smear some new silicone grease on the cogs and I exprct it will be fine.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)