in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-17-2009 11:39 AM by Ken. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-04-2009 2:57 PM

Master Link Gateway full integration solution - News!!

• 02-04-2009 3:21 PM In reply to

Re: Master Link Gateway full integration solution - News!!

This product is made by a third party vendor called Okatu and I have put some details below:-

Regards Keith....

• 02-04-2009 3:32 PM In reply to

This is a very good news...

What is the green box? Beosystem 3...

I do understand that a Beo5 command can be sent to the Home Automation system.

However, what kind of command can be sent from the Automation system to the ML... you cannot really start a TV from the ML network itself...

• 02-04-2009 3:53 PM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Introduction for most countries: 07-2009

Instead of the connections shown on the picture above (which is MasterLinkGateway US version),

Connections

- LAN : RJ45 ethernet female

- Master Link : Master Link female

- RS232 : RS232 serial D-sub 9 female

- Mains : shaver female

Dimensions

- W x H x D : 50 cm x 12 cm x 21 cm

- Weight : 2 kg

Specifications :

- Cabinet finish : black

- Power consumption : 8 W

• 02-04-2009 4:35 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Do I understand and imagine it correct when I say:

This could make Masterlink -> Lan/Ethernet -> Masterlink connections possible? That would made wiring much easier.

This gateway sounds like a very good solution.

• 02-04-2009 5:11 PM In reply to

@TWG:

It is the data that is transfered probably, not the sound and vision. This is to transfer your Beo5 commands to your home automation commands.

To use Ethernet cable to carry your ML signal, B&O has some other type of adapors.

• 02-05-2009 5:05 AM In reply to

Am I the only one to get excited about this news...

I do not really need a Home Automation system. My LC2 on every lamp is sufficient for me. But I think it is a great great news for B&O and its future.

http://www.knxshop.co.uk/catalog/default.asp?id=000-012

Above is link showing all the applicances that can be used on a KNX system, KNX being one of the supported system.

• 02-05-2009 8:01 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I really don't understand the benefits...

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 02-05-2009 8:11 AM In reply to

MLGW01 shown above has been available for 2 years now and only for the US market.

The recently released Masterlink Gateway is produced by Bang & Olufsen itself and is available worldwide. A completely different concept, with full integration of Beo5 and partner control systems.

• 02-05-2009 8:48 AM In reply to

Dave:
    I really don't understand the benefits...

Basically, a increasing number of (rich or very geeky) people want a Home Automation system. Having a computer that control the whole house appliances, curtains, heating, lights, burgler alarms, watering the plants, etc...

Today, if you want a system like that it does not integrate that well with your B&O AV network... and you needed to have a Beo remote for your AV and another remote for controlling the home.

With this gateway, you can add commands to your Beo5 menu, the IR receiver from your B&O TV, hifi, etc... will get the signal and send it to the ML bus. Then the Gateway will pass that command to Home Automation computer that can then execute a macro and turn the lights down, the heater up, close the blinds, start the dish washer...

You can add many of this commands to the Beo5.

As it is a two way system, the Home Automation system can query the status of your equipment, detects if you are listening to music, and can control your B&O equipment as well, like turning the TV on in the bedroom, etc...

You can imagine that it can turn the TV off if you have not been in a room (presence detectors) for a while.

The other advantage is that if you have those controller screens in the wall, where there is a menu to control the house applicances, you are now able to add menus to these screens that will control the B&O stuff as well.

One of the supported Home Automation system is based on the KNX standard,

You can see here (go through all the choices on the left) all the devices that you could control with such a system:

http://www.knxshop.co.uk/catalog/default.asp?id=000-001-1001

• 02-09-2009 3:53 PM In reply to

Does anyone know the price for this product ? I have a Lutron system and it works very well, but I am really disappointed since the Beo 5 needs to be pointed towards the sensor to make the light, curtains etc work. Keith told me that my 7-40 took the edge of my IR-signal and maybe this might be the solution ?

Keith, if you are reading this I have one more question since you told me that I would be able to control my Lutron system with my Beo 4, but I cant get it to work with the commands you helped me with ? If I press the commands you told me I just control my LC2s in the living room which is about 15 ft from my TV-room.

Best regards

Hans

• 02-09-2009 4:14 PM In reply to

The product is not yet released, so no price yet.

p.

• 02-09-2009 4:52 PM In reply to

For direct control of Lutron GRX with Beo4, it has to be a BO compatible model (GBO instead of GRX); either a control unit or a keypad.

With MLGateway, home automation commands will be received directly by the beolink products (BV7 in your case), relayed to MLGateway, who will in turn control the Lutron system via Ethernet/RS232.

• 02-10-2009 3:44 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Ah! Idea

Thanks, now i get it... that's cool!

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 03-11-2009 4:06 AM In reply to

Now more information about the product and a concept video is available on the their website:

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/masterlink_gateway

Looks cool!Smile

BR,

BeoLars

• 03-11-2009 10:38 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Yeah,

very cool ! Embarrassed

We can see the BeoVision 8-40 with the BL3 in the master bedroom (and the electronic curtain) ! Wink

• 03-17-2009 10:59 AM In reply to

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Anyone have more information about the gateway and how it works and what home automation solution that is support now and if there are plan for supporting more home automation solutions.

I have an LK IHC home automation solution and it doesn't seams to be included in supported solutions. Anyone knows if there are any plans for integration with IHC.

Regards

ken

• 03-17-2009 11:20 AM In reply to

LK IHC is fully supported.

• 03-17-2009 11:39 AM In reply to

• Ken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 60
    • Bronze Member

Do you know how it works. How does you connect the gateway to the IHC system and how do you add the gateway as a input and output devise in IHC visual?

Do you have any kind og manual describing this and the functionality you get avaliable in IHC visual?

Regards

Ken

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)