in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-07-2009 9:33 AM by dko7113. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-06-2009 4:09 PM

BeoPort and BeoPlayer Software is updated to version 5

For your interesset, B&O have very resontly updated the software for BeoPort and BeoPlayer to version 5.00.01

The biggest difference in my eyes is that it now support beomaster 5 and beosound 5. But for me the USB driver for the BeoPort is also working better under Vista

You can download the new software here

Another interesting change is that BeoPort/Player is now running like as a service in Vista (and probably also in XP). It is not a service, but I can no longer see the network drives which you have mapped in user space, only the one I have in system space :(

• 03-06-2009 5:40 PM In reply to

Re: BeoPort and BeoPlayer Software is updated to version 5

Hmmm I have not really figured out why it can not see my mapped drive when it is not a service. However if you have same problem as me, here is a workaround:

Make a bat file like mount.bat, place it in C:\temp\ and put the following code into it:

set SHARESERVER=servername
    set SHARENAME1=sharename
    set SHAREUSER=username
    set SHAREPASSWD=password

echo %date% %time% : "%cd%\mount.bat" >> C:\temp\mount.log 2>&1 2>&1
    net use * /delete /y >> C:\temp\mount.log 2>&1 2>&1
    net use s: /delete >> C:\temp\mount.log 2>&1 2>&1

net use s: \\%SHARESERVER%\%SHARENAME% /user:%SHARESERVER%\%SHAREUSER% /persistent:yes %SHAREPASSWD% >> C:\temp\mount.log 2>&1 2>&1

Create a scheduled task, which execute the bat file at "any user logon". And very importent; Change the user/group to SYSTEM. 

This will the mounted network drive visable from BeoPort/Player

• 03-07-2009 3:35 AM In reply to

I'm glad I am a BeoWorld member to be advised there is a new version of BeoPort/BeoPlayer, I'm still wondering why B&O doesn't make any update automatically, as all other programmes & softwares on my PC do; it would be so much more practical to have an auto-update, or at least a message on the screen "BeoPort is now available in version 5, do you wish to update your version?"Smile

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 03-07-2009 6:08 AM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

Chrisreunion:

I'm glad I am a BeoWorld member to be advised there is a new version of BeoPort/BeoPlayer, I'm still wondering why B&O doesn't make any update automatically, as all other programmes & softwares on my PC do; it would be so much more practical to have an auto-update, or at least a message on the screen "BeoPort is now available in version 5, do you wish to update your version?"Smile

I was prompted for a Beoport update after updated my Beomedia. That message you say appeared in my PC screen.

Quim

• 03-07-2009 9:33 AM In reply to

• dko7113
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-04-2008
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 104
    • Gold Member

After updating the source "A.AUX" is only visible when mouse rolls over...

Any hints?

Regards,

Erik

My Beo: BeoCom 6000, BeoCom 2500, BeoCom 1401, BeoLine, BeoVision LX6000, BeoVision LX2500, BeoVision MS6000, BeoVision MX4002, BeoVision MX1500, DVD1, BeoSound 3200, BeoSound 1, BeoLab 4000, BeoGram 4500, BeoPort, BeoPlayer, 3x Beo 4, 2x BeoLink 1000, V Terminal, Form 2, Light Control 2, BeoTime

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)