in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-03-2009 7:30 AM by Craig. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-30-2009 5:24 AM

Polite Question!

Here is a nice polite question we received on an ebay item:

Hi was intrested until we see you are on a different planet! £40.00p shipment!! Your head is up your back side!!
    YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!! 15KG with PARCELFORCE 48 IS £14.75P
    Get A lIFE!!
    DISGUSTED!

- retrowoman777

And here is Brett's (Beo4life) considered reply:

Dear retrowoman777,

With £150 compensation on the parcelforce website, its 21.99.
    Now try it with the correct amount of compensation 500-1000 and its 45.99 on the website.
    My courier is 24 hours and the equivilent price on website is 49.99.
    At least get your facts right before you insult me!
    You'd be a bit annoyed if it got obliterated in the post and i give you 150 compo having just paid 740!

- beo4life

I must admit that my reply would maybe not have been quite so considered, it's a good job that Brett got to answer the question before I woke up!!!

This is a good example of how rapidly the cost of courier delivery escalates when the correct amount of insurance compensation is chosen.

They are not my usual choice of courier but Parcelforce are not alone in this respect, having checked around, they are all much of a muchness.

Regards Graham

• 04-30-2009 5:31 AM In reply to

Re: Polite Question!

Ah yes, retrowoman777.  I've had some, err, interesting messages from her (him?) in the past.  IIRC they're on my blocked list now...

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 04-30-2009 7:51 PM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

Hi Graham

What was the item?

No matter what is was, if it was worth £740, £40 sounds very reasonable if shipping costs include insurance.......

Cheers

Nigel 

• 05-01-2009 1:23 AM In reply to

Boxed Mint 4500 with mmc2.

The insurance alone was £25.

To be totally honest, if they'd offered £700 delivered, i would take it. 

I could understand if they'd said the deck was expensive, but they didnt mention that, just the postage costs.

Regards Brett
  • 05-01-2009 3:43 PM In reply to

People grow balls when they are not face to face with you!! They can be ***'s on the phone too,  Why do people need to be so rude.  I would never talk to someone like that, I am impressed you were so cool with them! I may have been a little more stern.

Cheers Nick

• 05-03-2009 7:30 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

joeyboygolf:

I must admit that my reply would maybe not have been quite so considered, it's a good job that Brett got to answer the question before I woke up!!!

Shame, I would have liked to see your reply Graham.LaughingLaughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)