in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-28-2009 2:36 PM by leepie. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-01-2009 6:53 AM

Beovision 5

Hi all and a happy new year!

I was wondering what the factory settings are for the 5 (brilliance contrast etc) I currently use a PS3 as my HD spinner connected as PC (that's the way B&O installed it) 

In the past I have used the THX set up tool but for some reason I can't access the menu for TV settings whilst watching the playstation? 

Thanks in advance!

Lee 

• 01-01-2009 6:55 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 5

• 01-01-2009 7:13 AM In reply to

Yes I have done that, I can access it fine whilst watching DTV but when I am on PC (PS3) the menu button does nothing??"

Thanks for the quick reply by the way! 

• 01-01-2009 2:49 PM In reply to

• V13WNG
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-11-2007
    • Eastbourne, East Sussex, ENG
    • Posts 200
    • Bronze Member

If the Playstation 3 is set as PC, it must be using the DVI port? If so, you won't get any of the normal Bang & Olufsen menus appearing on the screen.

A tech bod will need to explain why, but it won't appear on any source using DVI. 

As for the factory settings, I'm certain they were all set at 40 out of the box.

Muchos Gracias Cool

• 01-02-2009 6:11 AM In reply to

• BeoET
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-14-2007
    • Scandinavia
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

I read this thread with interest - does that mean that both the Contrast and Colour should be set to 40? In my BV5 I've set the brilliance to 40, the Contrast to 34 and the Colour to 30. I think that Colour=40 is too much.

What is a recommended setting?

• 01-02-2009 9:32 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

It's best to adjust the settings to what you prefer personally, but you can get test DVD's that provide images for the screen to achieve optimal results with picture settings. In Fact finding nemo the DVD has a set up sequence on the disc, if you own that movie..?

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-02-2009 6:51 PM In reply to

As I mentioned earlier I cannot access the settings menu whilst connected to the HD input rendering the set up DVD's useless.  :( 
  • 01-03-2009 8:13 AM In reply to

• BeoET
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-14-2007
    • Scandinavia
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

Dave:
    In Fact finding nemo the DVD has a set up sequence on the disc, if you own that movie..?
    I have the disk, but I could not find the set up sequence, neither on the main DVD (#1) nor on the Bonus DVD (#2). Strange.
  • 01-28-2009 2:36 PM In reply to

Ok I now want to upgrade to sky HD, I believe this will use the DVI port, does this mean I will not have any control over Sky? Does it also mean I will not be able to adjust any picture settings? I wanted to use some sort of switch so I could still use the PS3.

Does anybody know how to set this all up? I have done a forum search but nothing?

Thanks in advance!ConfusedConfused

Lee

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)