in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-05-2010 1:56 AM by Keith Saunders. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-03-2010 5:23 PM

• djerik
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2010
    • Denmark
    • Posts 2
    • Silver Member

RAW Format

Hi

I am having problems understanding the RAW format of the XML file. I have some SONY and other products that I would like to control using my Beo5, but I cannot understand how to construct the content of the STIR attribute of the XML file.

Can Keith or another user explain it to me? I think that the example at http://beo5.beoworld.org/RAW%20Data.htm lacks an complete example of how to convert from the timings in the High/Low window in the Lintronic application and to an entire STIR string.

Thanks in advance

• 06-04-2010 3:26 AM In reply to

Re: RAW Format

Let me explain...

RAW is a HEX value of each of the actual IR Pulses and Pauses transmitted signal. Hexidecimal is a value to the power 16 meaning it is 4 binary bits which provide values in the range 0 to 9 and A to F, so an 8 bit binary value of 00001111 would be Hex 0F

RAW is NOT a protocol and is an image copy of the original transmitted IR signal, therefore it has limitations when used with protocols such as RC5 where bit 3 is toggled with each button press. For protocols which use the same transmitted IR signal it is a perfect solution and is how 99% of all learning remotes work. The Beoworld XML Generator ONLY converts to RAW.

So if we take the first few pulses and pauses of an actual signal captured and convert them. The first column is the "Pulse" and the second column is the "Pause" time in decimal microseconds. The third column is the period which is the Pulse and period added together.

09120,04422 = 13542
    00622,00503 = 1125
    00624,00504 = 1128
    00648,01610 = 2258
    00624,00503 = 1127
    00622,00505 = 1127
    00647,00479 = 1126

The first line above is the START bit and I happen to know that this signal is an NEC protocol, so if we convert the second line to Hex as below:-

So, decimal 662 in binary is 001001101110 which split into Hex bytes is 0010  0110  1110 which in Hex representation is 26E.

Using the above example you get the following Hex values

23A0,1146
    026E,01F7
    0270,01F8
    0288,064A
    0270,01F7
    026E,01F9
    0287,01DF

I hope this helps you understand teh convertion to Hex

Regards Keith....

• 06-04-2010 5:41 AM In reply to

As you are a silver member you could download the Beo5 3rd Party XML Generator which will do the conversion work for you.

This is a Windows based Tool (sorry Mac users) which allows the automatic generation of XML files for ANY 3rd party Infra-red remote controlled products which are subsequently used by the B&O Beo5 Configuration Tool to configure and download to your Beo5. The tool has been tested with more than 250 different 3rd party remote controls and successfully produced a fully working Beo5 for each 3rd party product.

All members can read the Windows only HELP file by downloading it HERE to fully understand how to use the tool.

The Beo5 3rd Party XML Generator is found under the "Service Manual" section of the Beo5 HERE for Silver and Gold members.

As a service to members you will also find HERE the ability to upload completed XML files for use by other members. So I would ask anyone who produces an XML file with this tool, once tested to please upload it to the server.

If you have any problems with the tool we would ask you to post to the Beo5 forum. 

Regards Keith....

• 06-04-2010 6:35 PM In reply to

• djerik
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2010
    • Denmark
    • Posts 2
    • Silver Member

Hi Keith

Thank you for your answers. The reason why I am trying to understand the entire content of the stIR attribute, is that I cannot get the BeoWorld XML Generator to work. I do not have a Lintronic box, so I am using the old Lintronic version ( 001.004.004 ), and when I try to parse the Lintronic file, I get an exception:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
    Parameter name: startIndex
       at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
       at Beo5ThirdParty.Form1.OpenNECDirectory_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Could you put a note on the other values in the stIR beside the hexadecimals?

#IRSEQUENCE=RAW#Carrier=40000#Pause1=65000#Pause2=65000#Comment=RAW FlankList:78 Flanks

I am currently using the Sony Triniton configuration file for my Sony LCD tv's, and that works for most functions. However when I try to convert a discrete Pronto code from remotecentral.com or a learned code using an iPaq 2210, the codes are not nearly as long as the ones in the Triniton file (78 flanks). Is that because the codes are repeated in Triniton file?

• 06-05-2010 1:56 AM In reply to

djerik:

Could you put a note on the other values in the stIR beside the hexadecimals?

#IRSEQUENCE=RAW#Carrier=40000#Pause1=65000#Pause2=65000#Comment=RAW FlankList:78 Flanks

I am currently using the Sony Triniton configuration file for my Sony LCD tv's, and that works for most functions. However when I try to convert a discrete Pronto code from remotecentral.com or a learned code using an iPaq 2210, the codes are not nearly as long as the ones in the Triniton file (78 flanks). Is that because the codes are repeated in Triniton file?

For the program to have an "Unhandled Exception" in this manner would mean that there was something fundimentally wrong with the input text file it is reading. Can I suggest that you put all the command text files you have captured into a ZIP file and either attach the ZIp file to your posting or upload it HERE and I will review them and provide feedback.

With regards to the other XML variables there is only one to be concerned about when using RAW and that is the "Carrier" which is the Carrier Frequency and as you are using a Sony TV that will be correct because all Sony TV's use 40 Khz carrier frequency.

In the Triniton XML file the codes are repeated 3 times as is normal for Sony remote controls as below:-

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)