in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-22-2009 11:04 AM by diggs2701. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-14-2009 10:23 PM

BeoCenter 2 Help Needed!!

Hello All,

I just got my Beocenter 2 and I am having a problem. First off here is how my system WAS setup:

BV4 connected to BeoSystem 1

Pioneer DVD player, Motorola STB, Apple Dock and Wii all hooked up to the Zektor HDS4 switch

BS3200 hooked up through masterlink

All I basically did was replace the BS3200 with the BeoCenter 2. But now everytime I hit the DVD the zektor switch automatically switches to the old Pioneer DVD player. I went into the BeoSystem 1 menu, hit external sources and picked the BeoCenter 2 as the DVD player but still nothing. Will I be able to use the zektor switch and the BeoCenter 2 at the same time? Do you think they are conflicting? Thanks in advance!

Diggs

• 01-15-2009 1:48 AM In reply to

Re: BeoCenter 2 Help Needed!!

Ypu can set one of the DVD players as DVD2 if you have the capability - not sure the Beosystem 1 allows this though. Otherwise, set the BC2 as a V.Tape - mine is attached to an Avant DVD and is configured as V.Tape 2 as I have a V8000 as well. It is set to Option 0 with the Avant being Option 2 and having the speakers to it. All functions work.
  • 01-15-2009 9:36 AM In reply to

Can I set it up as DVD2 in the beo4? I don't have an input for the DVD2 on the back of the BeoSystem 1.

Since the BeoCenter 2 is connected through the BeoSystem 1 via MasterLink how can I set it up as a V.Tape or V.Tape2?

Thanks!

• 01-15-2009 12:15 PM In reply to

Are you in the US? In the EU version of the BC2, one would attach the BC2 to the BS1 via a Scart lead which has all the sound, video and control signals in it. How are you getting the video signals from the BC2 switch unit to the BS1 as Masterlink only carries sound? I can dig out the US manuals if necessary.
  • 01-15-2009 3:07 PM In reply to

Yes, I am in the US. I am not sure how I am getting video. I think we have found the problem. What would you recommend I run? RCA, S-Video??
  • 01-15-2009 5:19 PM In reply to

I would get the scart cables from a dealer. I use those with my BV8. I think that way, if you switch off the TV the DVD will also go off, meaning, the scar carries video and control signals.

Cheers 

P.s. You may also find them online, Amazon UK has them cheap and ships to US 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 01-15-2009 6:12 PM In reply to

Is there a scart to component cable? If so, will this carry control signals also? I would like to get this if possible considering I already have the zektor switch. Thanks!
  • 01-15-2009 6:13 PM In reply to

Unfortunately not that simple!! The US Beosystem 1 does not have a SCART socket!! I suggest component RCA for the best picture and register it as a DVD1 if you can. I think you will be better advised by another US member though as I have no personal knowledge of this type of set up.
  • 01-15-2009 7:28 PM In reply to

I actually had a minor break through... I hooked up the L, R audio and Video through RCA's and it worked with DVD selected in the menu. I then hooked up an S-Video but the minute I unplugged the Yellow Video RCA everything went black. I also went to the store and bought a mini plug extender to extend the control cable but I am still not able to control the BeoCenter 2 through the Beo4. Any ideas?
  • 01-16-2009 1:53 AM In reply to

You need to connect the CTRL socket on the BS1 to the CTRL socket on the BC2 as well as the RCA cables for the sound and vision. Have a look at the BC2 socket manual for details. Available on site here and at B&O.
  • 01-16-2009 9:28 AM In reply to

I have the RCA's hooked up (R,L audio and Video), All working... :) (Quality isn't the best)

I hooked up the CTRL socket of the DVD input on the BS1 to the CTRL socket of the BeoCenter 2 socket unit using a 6 ft. miniplug I bought at the store, tried switching the DVD in external sources from BeoCenter 2, BeoCenter 2 MKII and Chicago (was told by a B&O rep to try this). Nothing worked... do I need to reset the system after hooking up the control cable or should it instantainously work?

On another note, what recommendations would you make to setup the DVD Options for best video/sound? Thanks!

• 01-16-2009 10:53 AM In reply to

Have you got the manual? It suggests attaching the S-Video cable and the Dig Out to the Co-axial of the BS1. As said before, I don't feel I am the best person to fully advise you as I am in the UK and have no hands on experience of US systems. Your dealer should really do this for you - I imagine that they have something similar to the UK Product Configuration Guide which will produce a complete print out of how to set it up. The BS1 is really much the same as the innards of an Avant so it is a fairly standard set up.
  • 01-16-2009 11:18 AM In reply to

I have the guides to both the BeoCenter 2, BC2 socket and BS1 but I am not sure if these are quick guides or manuals. I went through them thoroughly and think my connections are correct but still the Beo4 can't control any DVD functions. Maybe I bought the wrong cable, I think it was a standard miniplug. Do you know if the system needs to be reset everytime you hook up the control link?
  • 01-22-2009 11:04 AM In reply to

I got the BC2 working perfectly!!! The only problem I have is with some DVD's the fast forward/rewind and up/down for chapters does not control anything when I hit them on the Beo4.

It turned out that the miniplug cable I had was not functioning properly so that is why I could not control anything. Now all I need to do is somehow find a scart to component cable to get higher definition on video. Thank you all for your help!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)