in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-13-2009 4:01 AM by PhilLondon. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-12-2009 11:46 AM

• francis
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Münster, Germany
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Configuration tool: Firmware downgrade / "old" B&O equipment

Dear friends and Beo5 experts,

I got a used but quite new Beo5 and the configuration tool Version 1.3 this weekend and I am currently making first expierences.

I already got a good basic understanding how to work with the tool, however there are two questions I am currently struggeling with:

1) The beo5 is already upgraded with firmware 1.4a. I know that this requires version 2.2 of the config tool. As I was not able yet to get that version somewhere, is it possible to downgrade the Beo5 somehow, so that I could further train to use the config tool until I get access to the version 2.2?

2) I have in one room a setup with BV-7, Ouverture, BL 7.1 as center, BL Penta as front, and BL 6000 as rear speakers. In the config tool I can't find the Ouverture neither the BL Penta. I also can't place the BL 6000 as rear speakers (only as suround). If I use a "similar" device instead of Ouverture (e.g BS 3000) I do not get access to the cassete player function of the ouverture. I also don't know whether I can use any other speaker (e.g. BL 8000) as substitution for the Pentas.

Any guess for a workaround? Every tip and hint for a newbe is greatly appreciated

Francis

|BV 7-32|BL 7-1|Ouverture|BL Penta|BL 6000|BL 2000|Beocom 6000|Beotalk 1200|MX 4000|Beoport|Beo4|Beo5|A8|A9|

• 01-12-2009 2:26 PM In reply to

Re: Configuration tool: Firmware downgrade / "old" B&O equipment

Francis,

With regards to your two questions, my answers are:-

1. Once the firmware in the Beo5 has been updated, it cannot be downgraded subsequently. The only way you can download a working configuration is to use the Beo5 Configuration Tool version 2.20
    2. You can configure older audio products such as the Ouverture by using the template called "Audio1" found under "Other Audio Systems". For the speakers you can use similar type speakers in your configuration.

Regards Keith....

• 01-12-2009 2:47 PM In reply to

• francis
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Münster, Germany
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Keith,

the first issue has just been solved by Peter Pan's post with the link to Version 2.2 (Just installed and anything works fine)Smile

Maybe you can help now with another small problem: how can I make a backup of my current configuration? I would like to "play" now with version 2.2 but keep the option to go back to start.

Francis

|BV 7-32|BL 7-1|Ouverture|BL Penta|BL 6000|BL 2000|Beocom 6000|Beotalk 1200|MX 4000|Beoport|Beo4|Beo5|A8|A9|

• 01-12-2009 4:04 PM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

Francis,

With regards to your two questions, my answers are:-

1. Once the firmware in the Beo5 has been updated, it cannot be downgraded subsequently. The only way you can download a working configuration is to use the Beo5 Configuration Tool version 2.20
    2. You can configure older audio products such as the Ouverture by using the template called "Audio1" found under "Other Audio Systems". For the speakers you can use similar type speakers in your configuration.

My "Other Audio Systems" folder is Empty :-( 

I also find don't find a good template for a (2 way) MX7000...  

• 01-13-2009 2:07 AM In reply to

If you have the latest version of the Beo5 Configuration Tool, then this folder certainly will not be empty.

You can download the "Audio 1.XML" file from HERE

Regards Keith....

• 01-13-2009 4:01 AM In reply to

Thanks a lot Keith. Somehow, even after installing the latest version of the software this directory was empty for me.

p.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)