in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-12-2009 4:21 PM by Beobuddy. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-12-2009 8:45 AM

• namsu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-12-2009
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

stb controller, how do i know i got one?

i recently purchased an avant my first B&O product, i want freeview on there and notice you guys talking about stb controllers, i have read enough posts to know what one is, but how do i know if my particular Avant has one, is there any way of checking, 

thankyou for your time. 

• 01-12-2009 8:59 AM In reply to

Re: stb controller, how do i know i got one?

Hi there...

I think the easiest way is to look at the back of the set for a mini jack socket - this is where the IR cable is plugged in. I'm pretty sure the avant had stb control as standard, you may however (depending on the age of the set) require a software upgrade to control the most recently introduced set top boxes.

If you press Menu - set up - connections - decoder (you should see a list of boxes your software can control).

Hope that helps a little...

Regards.

I wish I was the person my dog thinks I am.
  • 01-12-2009 9:22 AM In reply to

How the STB can be connected depends on the age of your Avant. If it is very old (like mine) it can be connected trough the 3th scart. In the menu, the scart must be activated. The STB is an extra TV channel and cannot be controlled by B&O remote controls. If your avant is less old then extra hardware can be build in so the STB can be controlled as DTV. With the extra hardware you also get the mini jack socked (IR control). If later versions of the avant has the extra hardware already build in, I don't know.

Piet

• 01-12-2009 10:48 AM In reply to

• namsu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-12-2009
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

hi thanks for the reply,

my avant was bought in october 2000,

i could not see a mini jack and the menu connections feature was not on my tv,

i do have an additional third scart that says decoder, so i guess i cant control an old freeview box with my beolink 4 then :( 

• 01-12-2009 2:30 PM In reply to

Well, that depends of the serial number of your Avant. You should write down the serial and model (type) number and ask your dealer. There is a hardware upgrade to control your STB with Beolink 4 if the serial number is higher than...(I don't know the number).

Maby someone on this forum knows.

Piet

• 01-12-2009 4:21 PM In reply to

If your avant is type 83xx or higher, then the STB-C can be fitted.

Most of the time the system software of the avant (if it's the 83xx type) has to be replaced also. With that update is it possible to assign a source to the "decoder" input.

The older 81xx types are not "STB-C compatible"

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)