in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-11-2009 1:58 PM by Alex. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (22 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-04-2007 6:42 AM

• steveh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-04-2007
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

playing my playstation on my B&O

hi guys

i have been trying to hook my friends playstation 3 into a beovision mx7000,

bear in mind that this tv is completely new to me

firstly i plugged the scart cable into the back and then fiddled around with the only two buttons that are visible(tv didnt come with controller) one says step and changes the channel and the other turns the unit on...

after failing to locate an av button and failing to make the tv recognise the playstation automatically i plugged my dvdplayer in - immediately the tv recognised the dvd player

do i need to try something different?is there an av button hidden away somewhere or do i need to buy a brand new controller or something?

is this normal that there are only the 2 buttons... how do i fiddle with the volume without a remote? does a universal remote work with this model?

help would really be appreciated

• 08-04-2007 7:30 AM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

Re: playing my playstation on my B&O

I don't know the model but you could try holding the step button and seeing if that switches mode to AV? You probably need to use a remote though. Of course, if you can't justify paying a lot of money just to occasionally plug in someone else's playstation, you could indeed get one of those cheap universal remotes - they do seem to work with B&O equipment, even if they generally look horrific
  • 08-04-2007 7:31 AM In reply to

If you go into menu>setup>sockets> and then select a different source on the scart you are using, this should do it.

*edit*

Just read you do not have a remote.. I will check mine to see if you can do this without the remote, doubt it to be honest.

• 08-04-2007 7:44 AM In reply to

You are snookered without a remote I'm afraid.

You need to set up the scart to expect a VCR. Then plug in the playstation and select VTAPE on the remote and bingo, it works!

Unfortunately you can't do any of this without a remote. If you don't have a B&O remote I can recommend the RUWIDO rIR9843 as a very cheap alternative.

Regards Graham

• 08-04-2007 9:20 AM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

Actually, If you're going to tinker with technical setups, could you not just get a converter so you can plug the playstation in like a TV ariel?
  • 08-04-2007 2:18 PM In reply to

• steveh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-04-2007
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

okay guys thanks a lot for your help

i bought the universal remote and cracked it open and was delighted to see it function when channel changing, and then i tried pressing the av button..... Nothing happened!  Very frustrating.

in reply to the post above me- the old playstation used to come with a wire that pluggedinto the aerial and the scart on the ps3 is the same as the old playstation... do you reckon if i use this aerial wire it might work? i'll give it a try- i had best get searching for the bloody wire!

• 08-04-2007 3:47 PM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

The AV button is not the right one, it is when you want a video divice to control a music system or vice versa. You can press AV and then CD when you want your tv to control a CD player, but I assume the Beovison is a sand alone unit, so this does not apply to you.

To active the SCART you must press V.Tape, and be sure that it is activated in the menu. To acces the menu, just press menu, and follow the on screen instructions.

Christian

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 08-04-2007 4:47 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Universal Remotes don't support all the B&O commands, in fact they only actually support the absolute basics (for some reason). I guess it's because most comanies simply use a button to cycle between different inputs. B&O are not the same, and treat inputs completely differently. If you press 'SAT', then it'll go to a whatever scart connection you've told it the satellite box is connected to in the menu. Difficult to set up, but when it comes to actually using the TV, it makes life much easier.

You'll need a Beo4 remote or a BeoLink 1000!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 08-04-2007 5:50 PM In reply to

The plastic remote that I have suggested above replicates all the keys on a BL1000 and costs less than £10

Using MENU and SETUP on the MX assign AV2 to VTAPE

Plug the scart from the PS3 into AV2 on the MX then press VTAPE on the remote and you should have PS on screen.

Regards Graham

• 08-04-2007 5:57 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Oh stop being so helpful you! Stick out tongue

Weekly top artists:                   

• 08-04-2007 6:05 PM In reply to

joeyboygolf:
    The plastic remote that I have suggested above replicates all the keys on a BL1000 and costs less than £10

Yes! and you have to aim at the TV, like on all the good kingo's (or what it is you call the "no name" TV's) out there Big Smile

it's Shift+V-TAPE when using AV2 (it only possible to name it V.Tape2) Geeked

• 08-04-2007 6:46 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

The Stig - ver. 1.2:

joeyboygolf:

Yes! and you have to aim at the TV, like on all the good kingo's (or what it is you call the "no name" TV's) out there Big Smile

Kikinoko.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 08-04-2007 6:49 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Steveh. If you are still struggling, I will happily loan you a Beolink1000.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 08-04-2007 6:59 PM In reply to

haw did thy come up with this name?

• 08-04-2007 7:07 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

I think Ed started it.
    When we were beta-testing the new Beoworld in the gap while the old site was down and the new one hadn't gone on line, Lee, Ed and myself used the word Kikinoko as a standing joke and it just well....er..stuck!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 08-04-2007 7:14 PM In reply to

Ok thanks for the reply Laughing
  • 08-05-2007 2:48 AM In reply to

jandyt:
    The Stig - ver. 1.2:

joeyboygolf:

Kikinoko.

Quite correct.......Embarrassed

EDIT!! My MX is at my daughter's house at the moment so I can't check but eldest grandson assures me that he is plugged into AV2 and only needs to press VTAPE to get his PS on screen.Erm

Regards Graham

• 08-05-2007 1:42 PM In reply to

It maybe depends on the SW then, does I've seen it only possible to name AV2 V.TAPE2. No matter what AV1 is set to...
  • 01-11-2009 8:22 AM In reply to

Hi,

I have the same problem but I can only get the sound. The picture is missing.

Equippment:

Beovision MX 7000

Beolink 1000

Playstation 2

Thanks and regards,

Terje

• 01-11-2009 9:30 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

hmmmm tried jiggling the plugs? I sometimes have to re-fasten one of my rubbish scart cables... or maybe try plugging into another input of the mx... obviously selecting accordingly in the menu of the tv

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-11-2009 10:09 AM In reply to

Do you use Beo4 or Beolink 1000 as remote controll?

• 01-11-2009 1:58 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

What colour are the plugs which are going into your MX 7000 from the PS3?

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 1 of 1 (22 items)