in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-06-2009 5:22 AM by MicTheCat. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-05-2009 3:47 PM

• Dom
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-04-2008
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Mains wiring on Beomaster 3000-2

I have recently acquired an elderly Beomaster amp with no mains plug. One mains feed wire is blue, the other black. Does anyone know which is live. There appears to be a 'build sheet' inside the casing, which I haven't extracted yet, maybe this will reveal the answer? Thanks to anyone who can help.
  • 01-05-2009 3:54 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: Mains wiring on Beomaster 3000-2

Blue is Neutral and black is Live.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-05-2009 7:07 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

I'm pretty sure it can go either way,  Most B&O equipment came with a two pin plug which could go in either way round.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 01-06-2009 4:13 AM In reply to

Both Craig and Andy are correct.

The colour code for the wiring conforms to Craig's statement

Because the mains wiring goes into the primary of the mains transformer winding, Andy is also correct and the Beomaster will work. HOWEVER the mains fuse is in the "Live" wire and if you wired it in reverse and if a fault occurs, and the fuse blows, power to the Beomaster will cease, BUT the primary of the transformer will still have the "live" connected making it dangerous.

So, please connect it as defined by Craig.

Regards Keith....

• 01-06-2009 5:22 AM In reply to

Hi Keith,

When the fuse blows then it is the "live" one no matter how the wirering to the beomaster is connected Smile. If it is eg. in Denmark where I live we don't have the fused plug and then it doesn't matter but is most correct to do as Craig stated. Before plugging the master in be sure the mains transformer is set on 220 V as many of these set's had a swits for US setting 110 V

Regards

Michael

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)