in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-19-2010 7:04 PM by beoaus. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-16-2010 12:16 PM

HD sound problems with Beovision 7 mark ii and sky+HD box, and surround sound with centre speaker

Hi

I have just upgraded from a sky+ box to a sky +HD box.  After numerous teething problems, the problems remaining are just two

1.  on HD channels, depending on which channel, the sound sometimes comes through the centre speaker and sometimes not

2. on HD programmes, when you fast forward or fast rewind, and then stop before resuming play, there is a strange reverberation through the front speakers for a couple of seconds, and then it's fine.  This happens each and every time, whether the programme is recorded or not

Any thoughts

Thanks

• 01-19-2010 11:26 AM In reply to

Re: HD sound problems with Beovision 7 mark ii and sky+HD box, and surround sound with centre speaker

Any thoughts on this would be welcome.  I am wondering if it's the box or the TV.  Both are blaming the other at the moment

Also, anything I need to check in the TV's menu options, or in the sky menus?

• 01-19-2010 7:04 PM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Re: HD sound problems with Beovision 7 mark ii and sky+HD box, and surround sound with centre speaker

Assuming you have 5 speakers connected and working.
    Try using the coax digital connection between the Sky box and the BV7.
    Select AC3 as the preferred audio signal output on the Sky box.
    Assign the correct digital audio port in the BV7 menu.
    Save and turn everything off then on.
    On Sky, select a movie channel and a movie that has DTS sound or equavalent.
    Test...
    If the sound fades in and out try a new digital cable. If this fails, try a new Sky box, if this fails speak to B&O about a software update or fault.

Someone may need to correct this as I'm not near my TV and these steps are from memory.

Hope that helps, beoaus.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)