in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-05-2007 2:03 PM by gorissek. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-18-2007 8:21 PM

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Smileys on BeoWorld..

Now that BeoWorld is starting to settle down a little, and we have experienced very few gremlins for such a complex and new site - i thought it time to address an issue that has been mentioned before..

Although you may think you don't care, smileys/emoticons can be great fun to use, and express feelings often words cannot on a thread. They can also help a lot with things that can be misconstrued, and a smiley has got me out of trouble a few times! Laughing

So, what are your favourites?  I think we should stick to one "theme" of them, as opposed to taking them from here, there and everywhere. Plus, we need to keep them a little more sensible than some forums!

My favourite at the moment is this one. If you watch them, they are really very funny! 

We will only have a maximum of say 15 though, as they can take forever to load up if you have a whole rack of them! 

Open to suggestions as ever... it's your site!

Lee 

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 05-18-2007 8:39 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: Smileys on BeoWorld..

The smileys were one the first thing I disliked on the new forum, but as time went by, I got used to them. I still prefer the more basic one from the old forum. The ones you propose are not bad, but they are some kind of very small and difficult to distinguish IMO, but I have nothing better to suggest.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 05-19-2007 2:55 AM In reply to

I think the basic ones are better too, as Tom has said.
    Rafa
  • 05-19-2007 3:18 AM In reply to

I like your suggestion Lee, funny and express the meaning or emotion well.

Regards Graham

• 05-19-2007 4:17 AM In reply to

If you want to exaggerate, simply put more of the same emoticons in your post...

10 emoticons do seem to be enough if you use them like i mentioned.
  • 05-19-2007 7:05 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

LEE's proposed smileys do include a Cowboy though - should be handy in the Sales/Wanted forums Laughing

p.s. Coolskin - I've told you a million times not to exagerate!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 05-19-2007 11:44 AM In reply to

Puncher:

p.s. Coolskin - I've told you a million times not to exagerate!

You did?

;-)
  • 05-19-2007 1:05 PM In reply to

I know that everyone uses smileys; i just don't use them so much, we can always write our state of mind and sometimes too much smileys could be like a plague.

IMO just a few will keep all happy... the 'smileyers' and the 'non smileyers'

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 05-19-2007 2:29 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Nice one. If you do use some from that set, Lee, you must include 'rolling on floor'. It makes me laugh just looking at it!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-19-2007 3:35 PM In reply to

i think the current smileys are CoolYes but use them less than id like as they take so long to useSleepTongue Tied, i also prefered on the old forum when you could see them as you were typingWink

i also think the linked ones are a little smallIndifferentHmm

are we going to have a poll to choose the top 15 DevilIck!YesNoIdea 

it would be nice to have one for silly Laughing

jason

• 05-19-2007 8:06 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I have to admit to not really being a fan of the present emoticons - they seem to be trying too hard!

The Yahoo ones are better (except the totally annoying Americanism "Talk to the hand & Loser" ones)  I especially like the rolling around one- gotta have that! But being the old fogey that I am I still prefer the "Tom & Jerry" ones from the old site to the "Shrek" ones available now.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 06-05-2007 2:03 PM In reply to

I preferred the ones from the old site too. Don't really care that much for these MSN ones.

Maybe we could use those from iChat, if they are available, of course. They are much nicer : ) . Oh and while on the subject, they still don't work in Safari. Any plans on fixing this?
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)