in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-12-2008 12:08 PM by phirstpro. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-11-2008 7:02 AM

• phirstpro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-11-2008
    • Lincoln UK
    • Posts 8
    • Silver Member

Beovision 7-40 MKII and Samsung Sky HD

Hello.  I have just purchased a fantastic 7-40 MKII to replace my Avant DVD and I am trying to set up a Samsung Sky HD STB! I have connected via the DVI with a HDMI-DVI converter and am using RCA for sound (will use digital when I get the connectors).  I get picture and sound OK but cannot control the Sky HD with the B&O remote.

My questions are:

1. Which option should I use as the STB controller (the Sky HD is not listed)?

2. Do I need a SW update to enable the Samsung Sky HD Bow?

3. Where do I place the IR blaster on the Sky box?

Any Help would be appreciated. 

• 12-11-2008 7:04 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 7-40 MKII and Samsung Sky HD

The Sky HD box will respond to the Sky+ remotes (much to our irritation at home when using normal RF distribution!).  Try setting it up as a  Sky+ box it and see what happens!

Our BV7-32 works with SkyHD, so it's defiinitely possible.  Don't know how it's setup though.

• 12-11-2008 7:15 AM In reply to

• phirstpro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-11-2008
    • Lincoln UK
    • Posts 8
    • Silver Member

Hi Thanks for the instant reply.  

I have tried the usual Sky types listed but non allow the use of the BO4 to controll.  I can, as you say, use the normal Sky remote but would like to use only the BO4 as I did on the Avant with Sky+(SD).

• 12-11-2008 7:21 AM In reply to

Interesting.

What I was getting at is that our Sky HD box will respond to the old Sky+ remote, so I would have guessed that the STB-C would control the Sky HD box using the Sky+ codes.  I can't check our TV until I go home in a couple of weeks, so I can't tell you what controller profile we're using.  There's also a possiblity the new Samsung box doesn't respond to the old codes (we have the old Thomson box).

I would expect someone will be along shortly  who knows the score!

• 12-11-2008 7:30 AM In reply to

• phirstpro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-11-2008
    • Lincoln UK
    • Posts 8
    • Silver Member

csmager:

Interesting.

What I was getting at is that our Sky HD box will respond to the old Sky+ remote, so I would have guessed that the STB-C would control the Sky HD box using the Sky+ codes.  I can't check our TV until I go home in a couple of weeks, so I can't tell you what controller profile we're using.  There's also a possiblity the new Samsung box doesn't respond to the old codes (we have the old Thomson box).

I would expect someone will be along shortly  who knows the score!

If Sky used the same manufacture for it's boxes it would help!  

Thanks again for you assistance. 

• 12-11-2008 8:03 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

as far as i am aware the remotecodes are the same no matter who makes the box as the remote is the same

try pace Sky + if its not there you may need a softwear update

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 12-11-2008 8:21 AM In reply to

• phirstpro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-11-2008
    • Lincoln UK
    • Posts 8
    • Silver Member

Hi, thanks 

I will try this later, do you know exactly where (on the front of the Sky HD box) the IR window is?

• 12-11-2008 8:23 AM In reply to

seanklemis:

as far as i am aware the remotecodes are the same no matter who makes the box as the remote is the same

This is what I would expect, as it is the case on the older boxes.  The codes are not the same, however - the Thomson box just happens to respond to both.  By this I mean the Sky HD remote will only control the Sky HD box.  The Sky+ remote will control both boxes.  It is possible that in the new generation of Sky HD boxes (Samsung and Pace) they have disabled the response to the old remotes - but I would think it unlikely.  I haven't got a new box to test though!

• 12-11-2008 12:50 PM In reply to

• phirstpro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-11-2008
    • Lincoln UK
    • Posts 8
    • Silver Member

Hi.

I have selected Pace Sky+ in the STB-C and have set the blaster about an inch away from the front of the Sky HD box and it all works now!!

I'm not sure what the difference is between the selection I have made and the other Sky HD options in the STB-C and I'm still not sure where the IR window is on the Samsung Sky box?

If there is anyone out there who has the wisdom and knowledge please let me know.  In the meantime I will just enjoy such a wonderful piece of engineering. 

• 12-11-2008 1:17 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

hello buddy glad you got it sorted!

post a pick of the new HD BOX please can the connections it has at the back.

Also why not try and google the new box name for info on the IR sensor 

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 12-11-2008 3:57 PM In reply to

• phirstpro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-11-2008
    • Lincoln UK
    • Posts 8
    • Silver Member

seanklemis:

hello buddy glad you got it sorted!

post a pick of the new HD BOX please can the connections it has at the back.

Also why not try and google the new box name for info on the IR sensor 

Am I right in thinking that you want me to post a picture of the new Sky HD box front and back?  If so I will do it tomorrow.  I wil spend some time in google on Samsung HD!

• 12-12-2008 7:33 AM In reply to

hi mate the infared receiver eye on the ssung box is on the circle on the front think its on right hand side just hold it there and try the remote it worked for me then super glue in place ..................
  • 12-12-2008 12:08 PM In reply to

• phirstpro
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-11-2008
    • Lincoln UK
    • Posts 8
    • Silver Member

turbo911:
    hi mate the infared receiver eye on the ssung box is on the circle on the front think its on right hand side just hold it there and try the remote it worked for me then super glue in place ..................

Hi there, just tried it and it works a treat.  Must have been the only place I didnt try!

Many thanks for the info. 

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)