in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-04-2008 9:33 AM by hampeman. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-04-2008 7:08 AM

Beosound 3

Hello,

I have problems with my BeoSound 3. It doesn`t work at all. Only the red light lights on when connect to AC, but not any sound, clock or other. It happens when I disconect it from the AC. 

Edde 

Filed under:
  • 12-04-2008 8:34 AM In reply to

Re: Beosound 3

Sounds like a problem with charging the battery. A warranty issue - return to a dealer.
  • 12-04-2008 8:48 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

When plugged in - can you get any info in the display by touching the volume control, moving your finger clockwise?

If so, then it may be that you have left it plugged in for an extended periode of time without any use. Somehow the intelligent battery charger may have drained the battery and operation is not possible. A possible remedy is to plug it in, try to operate the volume control and see if you can get any info in the display - if you do, the product will consume enough power for the battery charger to "wake up" - please note that this charge will take hours. It did happen to mine, and it used 12 hours to charge the battery. Once the battery was fully charged the unit worked perfectly.

And, yes, I left it plugged in for a couple of months without any use...

Roger

• 12-04-2008 9:33 AM In reply to

Hello and many thanks for Your help.

I think You have right. My BouSound 3 haven´t been used for a few months. It isn´t possible to get any information from it now and I think the battery therefore is out of order. I will take it to my dealer.

Edde 

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)