in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-29-2008 11:33 AM by Weebyx. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-24-2008 4:02 PM

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Controling MCE with your Beo4/5

Hi, I don't know if other have come up with this idea, but here is what i did :)

I have connected my PC(Windows  Vista) to my BV7-40 MKIII via a HDMI cable, i am sending the digital sound through HDMI also, since my GeForce 9600 GT has a SPDIF pasthrough option, so i hav just connected the SPDIF from from internal Asus adapter to the GeForce, and then via the DVI/HDMI adapter to the TV.

I have also connected a IR-Sender cable (the ones designed to control STB boxes) to my MCE remote infrared receiver. This receiver understands the IR-Codes sendt ny the 2 "Homechoice" STB's available in the STB table. Perhaps other boxes also works, but i haven't tried. The "Homechoice PVR" has 8 cntl actions, which is great, since the more cntl actions the STB box has, the more IR Codes the STB can send to the MCE remote.

The info for getting me started was found here. http://www.byremote.com.au/Hip/mce_remote_faq.htm

Then i have replaced the driver for the MCE Infrared Reciver with this one. http://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/startdown/578/

When replacing the driver, i have discovered that it is not enough just to righ-click the MCE receiver in Device Manager, i have to run the "install_Windows_Version.bat" before it all works.

Now i have a MCE IR Receiver that understands STB IR codes from my tv, and all i have to do now, is to translate these RAW IR Codes to keyboard strokes sendt to Vista MCE.

To do this i use HIP. http://www.byremote.com.au/downloads/download.asp?SID=2

I hope that this helps others to get the most out of you BV7 and especially your Beo5, i have mine configured with Videos, Music and Pictures menus / subpages. It is very cool :)

Any questions just ask, and i will be happy to help out.

/Weebyx

• 11-14-2008 7:14 AM In reply to

Re: Controling MCE with your Beo4/5

I'm very interested in this, and will give it a go at some point.  I have a Shuttle PC connected to  BeoCenter 6, which I believe has an STB controller.

How are you getting on with it?  Which controls have you got to work?

I'm thinking the most used controls for me are:

Power, Menu, Back, Up, Down, Left, Right, OK, Play, Pause, Stop, Skip Forward, Skip Back.

That's 13 - you say the STB profile you chose only has 8, so which are you using?

• 11-22-2008 12:17 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

csmager:

I'm very interested in this, and will give it a go at some point.  I have a Shuttle PC connected to  BeoCenter 6, which I believe has an STB controller.

How are you getting on with it?  Which controls have you got to work?

I'm thinking the most used controls for me are:

Power, Menu, Back, Up, Down, Left, Right, OK, Play, Pause, Stop, Skip Forward, Skip Back.

That's 13 - you say the STB profile you chose only has 8, so which are you using?

Sorry, i just saw this post today :(

when i say 8 control codes, that is besides the normal, stop/play/ffw/rwd/back/go buttons.

/Weebyx

• 11-28-2008 7:03 AM In reply to

Hi!

Do you have screenshots?

Please post it or send me a PM.

Thanx a lot, Hannes

Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet darf diese behalten!

• 11-28-2008 7:06 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Indeed, it would be quite interesting to see.

I'm also checking chances about a Media Center

Best regards

Spiros

• 11-28-2008 8:14 AM In reply to

If you just want screenshots of Vista Media Center, a quick google will show you some, and maybe even a few reviews.

I've used Media Center since the XP days, and it is really quite brilliant.  It'll play whatever windows media player does (so most video and audio codecs, if you install them).  Controlling it with a Beo4 would be excellent.

• 11-28-2008 1:10 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

hannesbl:

Hi!

Do you have screenshots?

Thanx a lot, Hannes

Well, screenshots of Vista Mediacenter is all over the web, just google Windows MCE.

Regarding the control via Beo4/5, then my first post tells you how to do that.

/Weebyx

• 11-28-2008 1:10 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

hannesbl:

Hi!

Do you have screenshots?

Thanx a lot, Hannes

Well, screenshots of Vista Mediacenter is all over the web, just google Windows MCE.

/Weebyx

• 11-29-2008 11:33 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Weebyx:
    hannesbl:

Hi!

Do you have screenshots?

Thanx a lot, Hannes

/Weebyx

I Have created a new guide, you can read about it here.

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/161994.aspx

/Weebyx

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)