in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-05-2008 10:42 AM by beotex. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-19-2008 1:41 PM

Black Friday Promotion

Hi,

received a 100$ promotion for black Friday. That would put a Beosound 3 at 400$ ...... hmmmm .......

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 11-22-2008 10:24 AM In reply to

Re: Black Friday Promotion

jk1002,

Received my promotion card and was trying to figure what new little gadget to get,  The Beosound 3 may be the choice, but I am not that familiar with it.  Only played with it once in the store.

What is your opinion?  Tried to read the reviews on the B&O Community website, but it appears they are having issues and I can't view the review/photo sections, etc.

• 11-22-2008 11:13 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

1 important point for both of you! 

The Black Friday $100 promotion is set for Saturday...and, no, don't push the shops too hard, B&O/America is setting the rules on this one.

I have a BS-3 and really like it, although I only use the Radio.  Give it a shot at the shop though...and sleep in on Friday. 

Russ 

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 11-22-2008 11:30 AM In reply to

I havent played with it at all besides antenna up antenna down. I would like one for my bathroom, but am afraid it doesnt survive the humidity long.

In regards to pushing the dealer, I haven't read the rules but would think a earphones would fall under this. I need to check for minimum purchase if there is one .....

Anyway, I think its a very good marketing move, gets customers back into the store which I think is important with the pending BS5 launch.

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 11-22-2008 12:10 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

I, too, was looking for the inevitable "minimum purchase requirement" (which from experience with other stores/offers usually turns offers like these into a 10% discount - $100 off on a purchase of $1000 or more... big deal!). 

However, I've gone over the mailer a couple times (even with my reading glasses on), and haven't located any such words.

I also applaud B&O for making the special on Saturday - I don't do Black Friday - even for $100 off B&O.

I need another BeoCom handset... have been waiting patiently for a "open box" deal to show up at my dealer, but I'll take new for $100 off, or possibly some Form2 headphones for free - this all sounds too good to be true...

With respect to the BS3, I really like mine.  I use it in the kitchen, when I exercise in my basement and by the pool.  I also bring it along for household chores (cleaning the garage/basement, yardwork, etc.)  It's a great *portable* radio.  It's light, has a small footprint and the battery lives up to it's published life (6hrs of continuous play at a reasonable volume is not a problem - even after 2 years of regular use). I also used it once as an alarm clock because the power had gone out during the night, and I *had* to get up on time so the battery operated nature was great.  My control panel did freak out after about 1.5 years, but it was replaced under warranty.

Downside: no AM, no AUX input, no Remote control.  I recall people complaining about using it as a their daily alarm clock - I think you need to turn it on every night, and something about snooze vs. off being an issue (without buttons to feel - it's easy to hit the wrong spot, especially when your sleepy). 

It is a mono speaker (the headphones output stereo).  I don't think this is a problem.  The speaker sounds very good, and I believe the single speaker/amplifier extends the battery life - given the small cabinet, I doubt stereo would add anything.  To get around the lack of an Aux input, I ended up getting an iTrip so my wife and kids could use their iPods with it by the pool - this works great (I got tired of fighting format wars - the BS3 cannot play downloads from iTunes music store - unless you convert it to mp3 which requires burning it to disk - by the time I did all this, the song was "played out").

It's value is really as a portable radio, or if you don't have room for something bigger (like in my kitchen - although, since, I've installed a BL3500).  For stationary placement, the BS1 (imho) is well worth the extra cost.

Stan

• 11-22-2008 2:32 PM In reply to

Just checked with local B&O store and there is "no minimum purchase", how cool is that?

Unfortunately they don't have any Beosound 3's in stock.  Going to order one regardless, it's always fun to go in a play around with all the nice toys! 

Roger 

• 12-05-2008 10:42 AM In reply to

• beotex
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • USA
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

So, what did everyone get? I got a Com 1401. The local shop was quite busy while I was there, and it seemed the phones and bluetooth deals were the winners of the promotion.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)