in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-22-2007 11:21 AM by francis. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-21-2007 12:18 PM

Re: Upgrading of penta 2 to penta 3

Hi,

I have a pair of penta 2 but the display on 1 side is not working. Anyone can advise on the cause? i use the powerlink mk2 (8-pins) for both sides. Can it be repair? If beyond repair, is it possible to upgrade or change the LCD display of the penta 2(orange) to that of a penta 3(green) as i believe the penta 2 LCD is no longer available from B&O.

Cheers :)

• 05-21-2007 1:03 PM In reply to

When you say "the display on 1 side is not working" I am assuming you are talking about one speaker display not working ?

If so have you moved the powerlink cable from the working speaker into the other speaker to test the cable ?

If the cable is not the fault, then this is certainly fixable.

Does anything appear in the no working display ?

Regards Keith....

• 05-21-2007 2:57 PM In reply to

• BandOkie
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Owasso, Oklahoma - USA
    • Posts 112
    • Founder

Have you tried adjusting the switches on the bottom of the Penta?  I think I remember a setting that will turn the display off.  Maybe it was video instead of audio?

Good luck,

Michael

BandOkie
    Michael in Oklahoma

• 05-21-2007 11:23 PM In reply to

Keith,

That is exactly the case, one speaker display not working, nothing appears on the display at all. Currently out of town, will interchange the cables once i get back. when you say if the cable is not at fault, the LCD is certainly fixable, you mean a replacement part is available from B&O or the guys from B&O can get it fixed on the spot?

cheers:)

• 05-21-2007 11:27 PM In reply to

Michael,

If that is the case of the video/audio switching, but i still get sound out of the speakers. does that mean that with video mode, i can get sound when connected to the Beocenter but not the display?

cheers:)

• 05-22-2007 9:27 AM In reply to

• BandOkie
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Owasso, Oklahoma - USA
    • Posts 112
    • Founder

As far as I remember, that is correct. You can have sound but no display information.  Try it out; there is no cost.

Michael

BandOkie
    Michael in Oklahoma

• 05-22-2007 11:21 AM In reply to

• francis
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Münster, Germany
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Exactly,

I used my Pentas for years with an Ouverture and recently connected them to my new Beovision 7 without changing the Audio/Video switch. This resulted in sound but no display. After changing the the setting of the switch everything was as expected.

Please keep in mind the (old) Pentas will not dispay the name of new sources with are available  nowadays, eg. "PC" will be displayed as "V.Aux", "N.Music" as "Phono". "DVD" as "V.mem"

francis

|BV 7-32|BL 7-1|Ouverture|BL Penta|BL 6000|BL 2000|Beocom 6000|Beotalk 1200|MX 4000|Beoport|Beo4|Beo5|A8|A9|

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)