in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-19-2008 3:53 PM by PhilLondon. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-19-2008 2:53 AM

BS 5 - same operating image on my BV4 - control also via Beo 5 ?

So, I have been trying to look for an answer but cant find it here.

1) Can the image as seen on the BS display be shown on my BV4 ? - and this is obviously only really interesting....

2) If The Beo 5 wheel would be allowed options similar to the different wheels levels ??? / thus with clicks or similar select the function the wheel would then fulfill (if I understand it correct there are 3 wheel levels/functions or is it just 2 ?)

I am very optimistic about the BS 5, but can see a number of situations where i would wish for the remote and display function to be used instead of having to actually operate directly on the BS5.

If this is not an option NOW (well when it will be in the shops), does anyone know if it will be possible in the near future via the famous upgrades...!?

red  

• 11-19-2008 4:36 AM In reply to

Re: BS 5 - same operating image on my BV4 - control also via Beo 5 ?

1) No, when used from the TV, using the PC source, the Beomaster looks and behave like the Beomedia. This is a disappointment I have to admint. You can download the Beomedia user guide on this site to see how it works.

It is far from being as nice as the BS5, but you have added features, such as Photo, Web, Video.

2) No the wheel on the Beo5 is only for the volume. The Beo5 will not bring anything more than the Beo4. Another dissapointement as well. That said, if you have the Beo5 config tool and A LOT of patience, you could reprogram it to use the wheel as a navigation wheel.

Regarding future upgrade. I would buy a product for what it does now and not trust any rumour about what it could/would/should do in the future.

For the moment B&O has promised upgrades, but did not say they will bring new features.
  • 11-19-2008 8:31 AM In reply to

I think you made your point Phil :) haha jk
  • 11-19-2008 1:32 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

There's a bad echo round here...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 11-19-2008 3:53 PM In reply to

Sorry about the repeat... I haven't even pressed the post button, not even once! I have raised it with the moderators, but they haven't removed the dupplicates yet.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)