in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-16-2008 12:09 PM by Peter. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-16-2008 4:48 AM

Quick Beo4 Query

Hi Guys

I bought a new BeoCenter 6-23 DAB yesterday, which is all good.  Pity it's not the HD upgraded version, but although it would be nice to use the DVI input with the STB-Controller, it's not completely necessary... the main point of the TV is to link to the BeoSystem3, when I can afford it!

My question - I'm guessing when they delivered, they just grab a Beo4 out of the massive pile they have and bring it with them.  I have what I consider to be an 'old' Beo4.  It still has SAT, V.TAPE and A.TAPE buttons on it (instead of DTV, V.MEM and A.MEM).

Firstly - am I right that this is old?  And secondly, am I right that because it's old, I can't add the 'PC' button to it, so consequently I can't use my PC via DVI (which is what I was trying to do last night)?

If the answer to both of those is 'Yes', then I'd better get the dealer to give me a new one...

Charlie

• 11-16-2008 6:18 AM In reply to

Re: Quick Beo4 Query

That is really quite old! I would insist on a newer one. Just had a play with one of my older ones which seems like the one you describe. I can get L-PC on the list but not PC. Certainly the remote you have is not the one designed for use with the product you have so get a newer one rather than messing about trying to work out a solution (which there might be!)
  • 11-16-2008 7:31 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Ditto. I just had a look at the available list in one of my older Beo4s (Sat, AV, CD) and can't find PC or even L-PC.
    I like to keep this model though, as I make extensive use of AV.

If you have bought this system new from a dealer, and it includes a Beo4, I would insist on a new one!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 11-16-2008 11:22 AM In reply to

Cheers guys.

Was going to ask for a new one anyway - just wanted to know if there was a temporary solution until I can get hold of them next week.  Since posting that, I've realised that it really is no use for this TV - the only way I can use one of the AV inputs is via V.AUX under the list menu.  The only other options to map the ports are DVD, DTV and V.MEM... none of which I have buttons or options for!

They're coming over next week to deliver a replacement grill - the one it game with has a very slight dent, but I opted to take it anyway and get a replacement later - so I'll get one then if I can't before.

• 11-16-2008 12:09 PM In reply to

It doesn't even have a DVD button!! It must be well over 3 years old! SAT works DTV and V.Tape works V.MEM . SHIFT, SAT works the DVD.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)