in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-09-2008 10:29 AM by Teddy_fr. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-06-2008 12:49 PM

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

What a nice chap!

I know Marc didn't intend me to broadcast this to the whole world, but I just felt I wanted to!

Thanks again Marc.

Hello Nigel,

I have received yesterday the 5700s safely and in perfect condition!
    I would like to thank you once more for all the care you have taken for the packing;
    I had never seen since I buy on Ebay such a good and such a secure packaging: wonderful Nigel!
    I am very happy, the 5700s are even better than I could expect; no chip, no dent, no scratches...
    very beautiful condition for speakers of more than 30 years.
    I have unpacked them, installed on their stands, connected them to an old good Beomaster 4000
    and I have spent a large part of the night to listen to them and to compare them with my other pair of 5700s.
    The change of the capacitors of the cross-over improves them a lot. Compared with my "old" 5700s that
    still have the ancient capacitors,  the stereo sound-stage clearly appears to be in 3 dimensions
    and the complicated tracks are played with much less stress. CD after CD, I could re-discover my prefered tracks,
    details until now unknown could be noticed; and though I have a lot of B&O speakers amongst them MS150-2s,
    M70s, Beolab Penta Is, Beolab 5000s... and since a few days a very rare pair of B&O Studio Monitor type 6257 
    from Danmark Radio for which I have planned to write a little thread on Beoworld soon!...
    I think I had got almost more pleasure with your 5700s than even the Beolab 9s that I recently could hear at a B&O shop
    in Bordeaux; like many modern speakers they are very good in a video surround sound setup but less convincing
    with stereo music only.
    I left you a very positive feedback on Ebay (thank you for yours) and I hope I will have pleasure to meet you again
    for another auction and in any case pleasure to read you on our dear site, Beoworld!
    My best wishes to you.

Marc (Teddy_fr)

• 11-06-2008 7:45 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: What a nice chap!

Nice one Nigel.Yes -  thumbs up Marc always comes across as a thoroughly nice bloke.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 11-09-2008 10:29 AM In reply to

• Teddy_fr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • near Angoulême, France
    • Posts 250
    • Founder

Re: What a nice chap!

Very touched by your kind words, mates! Embarrassed
    One of the reasons why I love Beoworld, beyond the passion we have for B&O,
    this is its spirit of friendship and that makes above all its richness.

Marc

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)