in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-30-2008 5:02 AM by nobby. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-30-2008 2:31 AM

Can't turn on

Hi,

I have a Beocenter AV5, and I can't turn it on all of a sudden.  Remote works ok, battery is good and I notice the little red light at the top right corner is out, indicating there is no power available.  I suppose the internal power component is broken. 

I called B&O and they sent a technician to my place and without touching anything, he said I need to replace the main-board.  Of course, that would cost quite some money.  I think it would make more sense to see if I could fix the little power problem myself.

Could someone help me in this regard?

Thanks, Saigon Tuna

• 10-30-2008 2:56 AM In reply to

Re: Can't turn on

Saigon,

A very warm welcome to Beoworld..

Power supply problems in most modern B&O Beovisions are complex and can only be fixed to component level with a lot of electronics knowledge and fault finding tools. However I would expect any technician to check the basics first, like has the fuse blown ?

Whilst B&O technicians normally change the faulty modules, I would expect him/her to check the fuse and incoming power source first, so if it has not been done, you should do that first.

Regards Keith....

• 10-30-2008 5:02 AM In reply to

Re: Can't turn on

Are you UK based?
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)