in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-27-2008 7:24 PM by Affineur. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-23-2008 3:14 PM

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

PUC List Look up Requested...

Can anyone out there look in the PUC list B&O has to see what models of TiVO and Panasonic DVD players are available, and list them here please? Or even send me a private email.

Thanks,

Sal

Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 10-23-2008 3:51 PM In reply to

Re: PUC List Look up Requested...

Sal,

Only one model of TiVO is supported namely, yes you have guessed it G-TiVO

The following Panasonic DVD players can be controlled by the PUC

DVD-F87
    DVD-S52
    XP50
    G Panasonic BLU-RAY
    G Panasonic DVD
    DVD- RP91K
    TZ-DZH505

Regards Keith....

• 10-24-2008 11:33 AM In reply to

• Affineur
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-27-2008
    • United States
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

Sal,

I just purchased a BV 8/Beo 4 and they have been programed to control a series 2 Tivo and an Apple TV. After inquiry to B&O America, the store personnel indicated that the codes were available for two Tivo types (series 1 and series 2 (they use the same codes, so this is probably G Tivo)). The BV 8 should arrive here next tuesday and I shall let you know if or how well it works with the series 2 Tivo/Apple TV combination. Although I did not ask specifically, it appears that the HD Tivo is not (yet) supported. I find it odd that Tivo would change the codes for the HD device ..... perhaps addtional functionality neccessitated a change.

Seek simplicity and distrust it. Alfred North Whitehead
  • 10-27-2008 7:24 PM In reply to

• Affineur
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-27-2008
    • United States
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

Sal,

I just received the BV8 and set it up in about 15 minutes with both the series 2 Tivo and Apple TV. Both the Tivo and the Apple TV are entirely controlled through the Beo4 remote. I have one issue with the Apple TV control via the Beo 4 as it "takes off" through lists and will not stop until you hit "go", so at the moment is it difficult to step through selections. Hopefully we can get this figured out (I might be doing something incorrectly).

The audio output of the BV8 is quite impressive considering it's size (I am listening to Nigel Kennedy playing Kreisler at the moment and the imaging is very good). I am looking forward to the BL3/BL2 set-up soon to arrive, in the meantime the internal system will more than suffice.

If Tivo did not change the codes for the HD box then you should be able to control it with the Beo4/Beo5 remote. If they did, hopefully B&O will update the PUCs and make them available. I expect to eventually go with the HD Tivo box but not until the braodcasts have been in HD for a while. The Apple TV will download HD content so that will be my source for the time being. Good luck, and I hope you can resolve your issue.

Seek simplicity and distrust it. Alfred North Whitehead
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)