in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-11-2009 2:57 PM by jk1002. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-10-2009 11:36 AM

• Klas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Singapore
    • Posts 96
    • Founder

Calling for any B&O and MacMini PLEX users....

I'm an active user of PLEX ; for you who haven't used/aware of i highly recommend this as it is out of this world for managing and viewing all of your digital movies and music - with some pretty amazing  potential currently in the pipeline......

I'm currently investigating on using the Beo4 or Beo5 remote control, through the BS3 PUC codes, to replace the iphone/touch as this simply just becomes and extra remote control....anyone knows if the Beo5 can be programmed with extra buttons to controll/imitate keyboard buttons like X, C and ESC or can it only reproduce the "Apple remote's" 4 or 5 buttons??  UPDATE: According to Keith adding extra/any keys are possible with the the Beo 5

For people who are intrested; i've posted some details below....there are plenty of infomration already in their respective forums but i'm happy to answer any other questions of course......

Do explore if you haven't seen this before..... - btw the new interface for Plex/Aeon is called Stark

my set-up:
    Playback: MacMini - DVI-D>HDMI to BS3 which is then connected to a Panasonic 50"
    Storage: Qnap TS 409 - 4TB  (quickly running out of storage so will be adding one extra)
    Software: iTunes, Plex, SABNZB runnning on NAS if you ever would want to download e.g. movies, music or TV shows
    Remote: iPhone/Touch with Apple Remote with Snatch - soon a Beo5!!

Grant me the serenity to accept the B&O I can't afford

• 01-10-2009 3:48 PM In reply to

Re: Calling for any B&O and MacMini PLEX users....

Take a look at IRED IRTRANS. 

Al the Beo5 or the PUC can do is emulate the signals that the Apple Remote sends. If you need more, the IRED software will bridge that gap. It can pick up pretty much any IR signal and convert this into an action on the Mac. If you take IRTRANS, it seems that the network versions run better then USB where I had few driver & stability problems.

I havent used that in a while, but had at some point an OK solution running, full control of my Imac and Frontrow through Beo4.

I am using Boxee.TV which is similiar to Plex it seems. It runs on  my ATV which is controlled through the PUC of my BV8.

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 01-10-2009 10:12 PM In reply to

• Klas
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Singapore
    • Posts 96
    • Founder

thanks JK; will get myself a Beo5 and see how it works out (have an old Lintronic box as well that i'm sure i could possibly use as well)...

How do you find Boxee? i've got an alpha invitation in my mailbox which i will try out when i get home; right now it looks unstable in the forums but the social networking bit seems to be intresting (i'm sure they will bring this to a commercial model in the not to far future...)

Grant me the serenity to accept the B&O I can't afford

• 01-11-2009 2:57 PM In reply to

it runs stable for me. It still has bugs, but not that you cant use it. i run it on my macbook and on my ATV. My ATV version isnt up to the latest, but it does play my own movies from my NAS and it picks up TV content from the internet. Since I have it installed I use my ATV daily, in the past it was more like once a week if at all.

Cheers

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)