in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-13-2008 4:58 AM by marcus. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-10-2008 7:43 PM

• marcus
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Adelaide, South Australia
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

MX7000 - mute the picture but keep the sound?

Can you turn off the picture on a Beovision MX7000 but keep the sound? I'm using an AppleTV to stream music to the MX but don't want to burn the tube unnecessarily. I know it's possible with an Avant, but is it possible with an MX7000 (using a Beo4 remote)?

Thanks

• 10-11-2008 2:32 AM In reply to

Re: MX7000 - mute the picture but keep the sound?

Yes 2 solutions,

Turn the TV off, then call the source by pressing the AV button before the Source.

Or add V.SETUP to your LIST button. To mute the picture, go to V.SETUP, then press GO, go to PICTURE with the list putton, then press GO, then press the Volume UP and Volume Down button at the same time, like when you mute the sound.

p. 

• 10-11-2008 2:47 AM In reply to

Me again...

The first solution really turns the tube off, while the second displays a black picture... 

• 10-11-2008 3:49 AM In reply to

• marcus
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the suggestions. Regarding the first, I am assuming that AV must be added to the Beo4 list. I've done this, but the source is the TV (AppleTV connected via AV2 expander) so the picture turns on even if I press AV prior to selecting the source.

I'm certainly trying to stop the tube activating when the speakers are used for music.

• 10-11-2008 3:58 AM In reply to

It works with mine, but there are several MX7000 models with significantly different software. 

Do you press GO after displaying AV?

It may also depend if the TV is option 1 or option 2.  

• 10-13-2008 3:42 AM In reply to

• marcus
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

It does not work on mine , and yes, I do press Go after AV.

I do not understand what you mean by "TV is Option 1 or Option 2". The TV is not part of a Beolink system, just a standalone TV that has an AppleTV connected to it via an AV2 Expander.

• 10-13-2008 4:25 AM In reply to

Try and set your TV to Option 2 otherwise it would not react to remote control signals set to the Audio master (like pressing CD or an audio source, or pressing AV and then a video source).

http://www.beoworld.org/beotech/mlsetups.htm

You need V.OPT 2 probably.

On a Beolink 1000, press the red dot, then picture, then 2 then store, the led on the TV should blink once.

On a Beo4, Press the Red dot (the off button) and the LIST button at the same time.

Remote display OPTION, press GO

Press list until you see V.OPT, then press 2.

P.

p.

• 10-13-2008 4:58 AM In reply to

• marcus
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Success!

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. Being an ML novice, I have never understood the Option settings on the Beo4 and have just ignored them.

I now have iTunes streaming audio coming through the speakers of my Beovision MX7000 via the AppleTV, and the picture tube is well and truly off! It's easy when you know how!

Thanks again.

Marcus 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)