in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-04-2008 7:52 PM by Russ. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-04-2008 2:11 PM

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

hello all

where is a good place to download music legally, i woudl like to pay for albums then transfer them to my beomedia / upcomming beosound 5 in future.

i know that i bought a track from tesco years ago and it woudl not play on my beomedia as it contains some license rubbish.

where is good and able to transfer?

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 10-04-2008 5:49 PM In reply to

Re: mp3

seanklemis:

hello all

where is a good place to download music legally, i woudl like to pay for albums then transfer them to my beomedia / upcomming beosound 5 in future.

i know that i bought a track from tesco years ago and it woudl not play on my beomedia as it contains some license rubbish.

where is good and able to transfer?

I suppose there aren't any legal download shops currently who don't use DRM (digital rights management) and who are also offering a large spectrum of available songs. Hence, I am downloading all music at the iTunes Store using the software TuneClone to convert it automatically to MP3 via the integrated CD-burning-tool of iTunes.

TuneClone can also be deployed with any other music shop using DRM (but only if the DRM allows it to burn the songs on CD).

• 10-04-2008 7:52 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Re: mp3

Actually, at the iTunes Music store, look at the iTunes Plus link on the right side of the main page.  All songs marked '+' are 256kbps (approx), and non-DRM.

I've also had great luck with the music from Amazon.com as well.  All recorded in the same 256k range, and non-DRM.

Availability may vary by country, I suppose.

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)