in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-01-2008 9:20 AM by PhilLondon. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-29-2008 1:42 PM

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

BV4 in da house :)

Hi all

Maybe some of you remember that i wasn't happy with my BV7, i even tried the latest Pioneer Kuro 50 inch plasma to see if i should drop B&O.

I can only say one thing, B&O rules ! I really tried to have an open mind regarding all the other manufactores, and have seen a LOT of plasma/lcd screens over the last month.

Perhaps it is only me, but as far as i am concerned, NO ONE can replace my B&O in the house. I tried all kinds of surround receivers/speakers and so on. And every time i was tired of the remote hell within the evening was over, i even thougt about the LinTronic solution(by the way, this is a very cool product, for those who doesn't know it http://www.lintronic.dk/)

As much as i was sick and tired of my BV7, and really gave it a chance, i just could'nt get rid of B&O.

So...... what was my option really ? In my mind the BV4-50 was the solution, and i went for it.

And all i can say is this "OH MY GOD" Damn Damn Damn, this tv is just so much better than the BV7 :) I have always known that i was a Plasma person and bought the BV7 to try to save some money, but now i know i was wrong :)

The BV4 was delivered last thursday and as i type this i am watching Prison Break in HD from 3m away...... wohooooo, i just can't stop smiling :)

The crash-to-off feature my BV7 with SW 4.24a had is not an issue here, this i just dont understand, since the BV7 is based on BS3 as is the new BV4, but something is different.

All i can say is, that even though i just paid a sh..load of money for the BV4, it is all worth it, the Kuro was a great tv, but not even close to the BV4 in my oppinion, the black/white is better on the BV4, even though the Kuro is "the best black in the world"

If i should mention one thing about the BV4, then it would be the fan "noise", there a 8 fans on the rear, and it is not the fans itself that is noticable, but the "wind". But this noise i can live with, it is not noticable when the sound is on, so really i can only hear it in very quiet scenes.

Thanks to all of you who came with input to my problems, and some of you told me to drop B&O/keep the BV7, i tried to do both, but in the end it took the BV4 to make me a happy camper :)

/Weebyx

• 09-29-2008 2:15 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV4 in da house :)

Congrats Weebyx!!

Sometimes one has to go all the way around the world to find home, eh?  I hope that others here can learn from your experiences. 

Russ 

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 09-29-2008 3:07 PM In reply to

• Jez
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-13-2007
    • Posts 150
    • Bronze Member

Looks awsome! I went for the black frame though still looks magic. I hear a new S.W upgrage will be available in November (solves the switch off problems some are experiencing with HDMI).
  • 09-29-2008 3:12 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Jez:
    Looks awsome! I went for the black frame though still looks magic. I hear a new S.W upgrage will be available in November (solves the switch off problems some are experiencing with HDM).

Ok, i havent had a crash yet, so fingered crossed :)

/weebyx

• 09-29-2008 6:05 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Happy bunny, eh?
    So you should be, it looks great.  The proportions are just right, ie the Beolab 10 suits this size of screen perfectly.

Enjoy.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-29-2008 9:35 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I love the new BV4 with the BL10, it's such a good design, makes all other screens look very out of date and conservative.

I see you got the dark grey colour? Nice - you're lucky to have been able to afford such a nice TV! :) 

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 09-30-2008 12:51 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Jandyt:

Happy bunny, eh?
    So you should be, it looks great.  The proportions are just right, ie the Beolab 10 suits this size of screen perfectly.

Enjoy.

Andy T.

Yes, there was a big convention in the city i live in this weekend, one of those "come and buy a lot of stuff to decorate you house with" conventions, B&O was there, and they showed the 65 inch BV4, the BL10 looked a bit strange underneath such a large screen, i had hoped the made a BL10 to fit the 65" inch also, perhaps its on the drawingboard.

/Weebyx

• 09-30-2008 12:53 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Dave:

I love the new BV4 with the BL10, it's such a good design, makes all other screens look very out of date and conservative.

I see you got the dark grey colour? Nice - you're lucky to have been able to afford such a nice TV! :) 

Yes, i went with the dark-grey this time, and i am glad i did, it looks a bit smaller than the silver i think, it's more "conservative" if one could use that word about a £140k tv :)

/Weebyx

• 09-30-2008 8:53 AM In reply to

Congtratulations weebyx,

Looks amazing. If you have tv2 sportHD then watch a NFL or a soccer game; this will blow your mind even more...

Wheres the BeoLab 9/5's??? Hmm

Henrik

PS Where was this convention?

PPS B&O will not make another BeoLab 10 to fit the other screen sizes. The BeoLab 10 is planned to sit under the BV4-103 as well, but my god it looks small underneath such a giant screen..

BeoVision10-46MKII,BL3,BL2,BS8,Beo5

• 09-30-2008 5:37 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I agree with BMGHB - there's a definite lack of BeoLab 9s or 5s there! Stick out tongue

Weekly top artists:                   

• 09-30-2008 5:57 PM In reply to

Hi

Looks really great !

Is this the Danish TV3 picture on the screen? Wink

I wish that I could have a wall to mount a BV4 on. Question:> Whats the big different between the BV4 and BV9 when we are talking picture quality?

Regards Anders

• 09-30-2008 7:25 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Hi Padre,

in theory, there is no difference between concurrent BV-4's and BV-9's.  Within the same generations, the panels and supporting electronics are, for all intents and purposes, identical.

Russ 

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 09-30-2008 8:57 PM In reply to

Magnificent setup.

Congratulations Smile

The Beolab 10 design really grows when you see a setup like this.

/C 

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 10-01-2008 2:31 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

ThePriest:

Hi

Looks really great !

Is this the Danish TV3 picture on the screen? Wink

I wish that I could have a wall to mount a BV4 on. Question:> Whats the big different between the BV4 and BV9 when we are talking picture quality?

Yep, Danish TV3 :)

There is no difference between BV4/BV9 the Panasonic screen is the same, and Besystem3 is also the same. The difference is just the case itself.

/Weebyx

• 10-01-2008 3:34 AM In reply to

Thats great :) where are you getting your TV signal from?

Regards Anders

• 10-01-2008 4:59 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

ThePriest:

Thats great :) where are you getting your TV signal from?

The danish cable company "YouSee" via DVB-C Settop box.

/Weebyx

• 10-01-2008 9:04 AM In reply to

Looks fantastic! love the '10 sat underneath.  Do you find the sound "confusing" with the 8000s and 10 mixed?

• 10-01-2008 9:08 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

mobeyone:

Looks fantastic! love the '10 sat underneath.  Do you find the sound "confusing" with the 8000s and 10 mixed?

Not at all, the sound is fantastic if you ask me, i had the 7-4 underneath my BV7 before, and that was no problem either.

/Weebyx

• 10-01-2008 9:20 AM In reply to

because of the Dolby processing the voice are in the center speaker and the music on the left and right speakers, so it does not feel like a uniform sound in the room.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)