in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-30-2011 4:58 PM by loach1. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-30-2011 12:51 PM

• loach1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-30-2011
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Hello and I have an impedance question for a Beocenter 9000

Hi everyone,

I am the lucky owner of a Beocenter 9000. It was a fixer-upper from eBay that needed the CD door mechanism to be fixed and the glass to be remounted. Now it works like a charm and is a great conversation piece.

I am considering pairing it with some Magnepan MMG-W speakers because they solve some layout concerns and have the added benefit of producing sound for two adjacent rooms. I don't know if they will do all I would like, but I am pretty sure they will make me happy enough. The concern I have is that they have a nominal impedance of only 5 ohms. The Beocenter manual only mentions output at 8 ohms, so I am worried that the amplifier might get a bit hot. I don't plan on driving the volume too high, and I will probably supplement with a sub.

Will the Beocenter be OK? I'd hate to break it!

David

• 11-30-2011 12:57 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Re: Hello and I have an impedance question for a Beocenter 9000

Hi there, and welcome to BeoWorld!

I have very little know-how about the Maggies. Can you provide the speaker wiring details of these? More specifically, the small jumper/connection panel? If they are two-way then the band pass and high pass sections could be wired in series to increase the load... I don't think you will have any trouble in the first place, but this may be something to consider if a problem materializes.

Evan

• 11-30-2011 4:58 PM In reply to

• loach1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-30-2011
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Re: Hello and I have an impedance question for a Beocenter 9000

Thanks for the reply Evan. From what I can tell, these small speakers are not bi-wirable. I think they just have a two wire pigtail coming out of one of the corners so they can be fed through the wall mounting bracket.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)