in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-04-2008 12:17 PM by Craig. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-02-2008 6:28 PM

What do you think about this?

I have two beocom 6000, one black and one dark red and I absolutely love them! I came across this

phone and I was quite intrigued by its design. What do you think about it?

• 10-02-2008 6:57 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Re: What do you think about this?

That phone really looks nice. It looks more like 21st century than the BC6000. But I doubt it is the same quality...

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 10-03-2008 1:53 AM In reply to

Nice! I like it.

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 10-03-2008 4:09 AM In reply to

Not bad but still not a patch on the simplicity and quality of the 6000.

• 10-03-2008 5:46 AM In reply to

Cool! Inspired in "retrofuturism" from Kubrick's 2001 Smile

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 10-04-2008 2:09 AM In reply to

Not very B&O-ish in my book, but the basic shape looks OK to me. I do have some problems with the detailing. I don't like the fact the buttons are postioned somewhat deeper inside the handset than the screen. I also dislike the speaker cover above the display. I have no idea about the sound quality, but I'm sure Beocoms are superior. At 40 pounds it's not bad value I guess.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 10-04-2008 3:40 AM In reply to

Would a more realistic alternative to the B & O be the Jacob Jensen T80?
  • 10-04-2008 3:52 AM In reply to

I think it's strange that people are still using regular telephones! =D
  • 10-04-2008 6:27 AM In reply to

redfresnel:
    I think it's strange that people are still using regular telephones! =D

first : I don't regard this phone as "B&O worthy"....:-)

second : I don't know about Finland but the quality [of reception] of the mobile phones is not equal to the regular phones and I really do love our BC2's [they don't need to be charged regularly like the mobiles] around the house instead of carrying the serene in my pocket all day long, our serenes are resting in their chargers on the sidetable looking good, fully charged and ready to be taken outside.....

Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 10-04-2008 7:04 AM In reply to

First : Me neither. ;)

Second: I would say the reception of the network(s) are pretty good. I can't remember when i last had some sort of errors in reception, excluding trains, subways and nucleat fallout shelters and semi-working cellphones in the other end of the call. :) The sound quality is another thing. I was in Amsterdam in the spring and i wouldn't complain the reception at all.

I don't know about the statistics but would say more than half (if not even more) of the finnish telephone subscriptions have been cancelled in the last 10 years. I don't carry my mobiles phones in my pockets all the time, just the time i'm out the door. :) I have now 2 mobile phones because of my work and i think the other one is too much. So much easier to use one for all the calls and SMSs etc. Nevertheless, i agree B&O cellphones do look good!

• 10-04-2008 11:53 AM In reply to

• Toby
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hertfordshire United Kingdom
    • Posts 136
    • Bronze Member

I like it but I would want it in Red or Black. But since i have got two BEOCOM 6000 I won't have any need to buy one.Also I could not live without my headset which plugs into my 6000.
    Kind Regards Toby
    I better do my bit and suspend my siggy.
  • 10-04-2008 12:17 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

xegoon:

Cool! Inspired in "retrofuturism" from Kubrick's 2001 Smile

Perfect description, just along the lines of what I was thinking myself.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)