in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-10-2008 3:23 PM by burantek. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-30-2008 7:45 PM

s/a explorer box --> avant 32 8490 codes?

hi all,

searched around to no avail...

anyone know or perhaps have a source for scientific-atlanta cable box codes for an avant 32 8490 "us" model? 

specifically, the 2100 explorer or 8300 hd boxes...

many thx in advance! 

• B&o bottle opener
  • 09-01-2008 6:06 PM In reply to

Re: s/a explorer box --> avant 32 8490 codes?

"answered" my own question, so to speak...

the code(s) are not required. i simply ran the box into stb -all is well.

now, i have another issue, lol!

i just connected my dvd1 to the avant for the first time. everything is great. incredible video, audio, etc... however i have lost control of the dvd1 via beo4 (worked fine w/ my mx5000 and scart.) i connected a minijack lead from data on the dvd1 to ctrl on the avant, but no luck...

i have rebooted, etc... (2) points... i used an audio minijack as that was handy and also the dvd1 does not show up in the external sources menu, so i used "generic nstc." 

any thoughts? as always -thx much! 

• B&o bottle opener
  • 09-01-2008 11:52 PM In reply to

I have a Panny DVD, so can't speak for the DVD1. If it's the generic NTSC, it will not send any IR codes.
  • 09-02-2008 9:18 AM In reply to

thx so much for the reply...

i was leaning to that resolution as well, (i see panasonic dvd players listed) -i can't believe that "dvd1" is not in the external sources' list. as this avant is new to me, can i assume that a dealer may have programmed this for the previous owner, and may have removed the dvd1 from the list? or did it never exist in the list?

i assume that this will require a sw update? my closest dealer is 4+ hours away! uggh!
    is there any way of "flashing" these short of loading it up and hauling it back to a dealer?
    • B&o bottle opener
  • 09-10-2008 3:23 PM In reply to

i have fought thru this w/ no luck.
    how do i edit the "external sources" menu to add the dvd1, or is that strictly via an update?

if i can't get it listed, then i will pull the dvd1 out of the loop.
    i will then buy a non b&o dvd and run it as "generic ntsc" box w/ a logitech harmony 880 remote.

it is beyond me why the dvd1 is not in the list. i am losing use of the dvd1 and the beo4 because of this -sort of killing the whole concept of their intercompatibility... sad.
    • B&o bottle opener
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)