in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-18-2008 2:40 PM by Peter. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-18-2008 1:25 PM

stupid avant question

Which version of the avant is type 8403, is it the original curved screen model, the products page doesn't make it clear and I have searched the forum and found 1 reference?

Thanks

Gary

• 08-18-2008 1:32 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: stupid avant question

Type 8403 is a 32" Curved Screen VCR Avant. The RF version is 8433.

Cheap as chips now, but the tubes are getting a bit dodgy. We stick ours straight on ebay when we get them in - i wouldn't fancy slapping a 6 or 12 month warranty on one.  Not to say they all blow up - the 32 is much more reliable than the 'whoops, me tubes popped' 28's which i avoid like the plague now.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-18-2008 1:39 PM In reply to

Another stupid question?

Why is the old LX series the least trouble free and many still working great while MX and Avant's dies?

With the L and LX they have few issues like standby and stuff. It's simple to do by repair guys and after they live on.

• 08-18-2008 1:41 PM In reply to

Cheers Lee, will be steering clear og that one then!
  • 08-18-2008 1:47 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Friedmett:

Another stupid question?

Why is the old LX series the least trouble free and many still working great while MX and Avant's dies?

With the L and LX they have few issues like standby and stuff. It's simple to do by repair guys and after they live on.

Nobby is the MX man on here!

All i can say is "they don't make 'em like they used to" Smile

One TV i can see becoming a living legend is the BeoVision 5. They seem bomb-proof... i never see them in repair shops or dealers back rooms, and i have never had a problem with one. I absolutely love them and i freely admit to having press-ganged my own mother into buying one, which has of course been faultless.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-18-2008 2:16 PM In reply to

LX and MX tv's are exactly the same.

Same tube, same guts. Just different speaker layout and casing.

No reason why LX should live longer than an MX.

Regards Brett
  • 08-18-2008 2:40 PM In reply to

I suppose the LX is reliable because it was at the end of the line of the series. The tubes were very tried and tested - Avants obviously had a new tube and these did give problems initially. MX tvs were different initially but as Brett says, the LX6000 and MX6000/7000 are much the same set.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)