in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-13-2008 7:42 AM by PD. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-12-2008 10:28 AM

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

Devil [6] BLAST!

What ho you folks!!

Well isn't it typical! You disappear for a few months & when you resurface to the land of the living you find  that your system isn't working properly!!

I'm still using my lovely BM6500 as the amp, with my BC5500, BGCD6500 & PC running through it to the BV Cona & the RL140s - bass overkill, I know but if you've got it, rumble it... Wink

All this was working 100% fine & loverly (to quote DVD) when I used it before, unplugged it all, moved the room around, plugged it all back in in exactly the same fashion, only to find that the sound is now horrendously faint, like I'm trying to power high powered speakers from a petty amp & if I turn it up enough to be audible (let alone monsterous!), the amp switches off to prevent the speakers overloading.

I'll bet that, as ususal, it's something simple that I've missed but, in the words of Penelope Pitstop - HAYLP!! [:'(]

Thanks, as ever...

ME!

PD "The difference betwixt erotic & kinky is that betwixt using a feather & using a chicken..."

• 08-12-2008 10:40 AM In reply to

Re: BLAST!

First thing to do is check the speaker cables and the connectors. That is the cheapest thing that can cause problems like this. After that it gets expensive - think transistors if you are unlucky or possibly variable resistors. How handy are you?
  • 08-13-2008 7:42 AM In reply to

• PD
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Eastbourne, England
    • Posts 210
    • Bronze Member

Re: BLAST!

Handy... yeah... if I have step-by-step for the totally inept instructions, I can usually do it. However, have tried the old turning it off & on again & it seems to be blaring like it's oldself, apart from a crackle/crack on some mid/high frequency snare cracks?

PD "The difference betwixt erotic & kinky is that betwixt using a feather & using a chicken..."

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)