in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-10-2008 5:59 AM by SKApretto71. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-09-2008 12:13 PM

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Is this a TV?

I've seen a shop of this brand in Luxemburg-City this afternoon and couldn't believe my eyes. Never heard or seen anything about this brand. What about you?

Link

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 08-09-2008 12:23 PM In reply to

• beoben
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

Re: Is this a TV?

Hi Tom,

i´ve never heard of that brand!

By the way: Ugly, don´t you think either?

Ben

I want a BV 10

• 08-09-2008 12:27 PM In reply to

Yup, they make lcd monitors and tvs - look on eby and you'll see quite a few, most retailers stock them.

Middle range stuff, they also sponsor a couple ofbike teams in world 600's supersports and ran a championship winning team in World Superbikes when James Toseland won the second of his two world titles.

• 08-09-2008 12:38 PM In reply to

I have seen many of these in the USA. Awful!
  • 08-09-2008 12:38 PM In reply to

I might also add, there are only a few manufacturers of lcd screens in the world, Sony, Toshiba, Samsung, LG-Phillips many of the other suppliers are companies that buy time on fabrication plant lines - so you'll see several differant 'manufacturers' screens going down the same production facility.

Looking at the staff level of Hanspree, which is only 300 - from their own website, I'd reckon that this is one of the latter types of companies - it does give them flexibility to specify what they want but the are not what most would think of as manufacturers.

Some companies buy hand picked screens from the big manufacturers, either their best, or in the case of most, the lower quality ones, there are obvious cost implications in this.

• 08-09-2008 1:45 PM In reply to

I saw these in San Francisco, they have  Han Spree store.. I think they are a neat twist on Sony and friends but I guess more for teens and twens. I think they are more common in US then in Europe.

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 08-09-2008 4:48 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Not to my taste thats for sure. They look very plastic and cheap IMO.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 08-09-2008 8:43 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

jk1002:

I saw these in San Francisco, they have  Han Spree store.. I think they are a neat twist on Sony and friends but I guess more for teens and twens. I think they are more common in US then in Europe.

JK 

2 good points. I'm sure that US mothers like buying these TVs for their children and I'm also sure that they are more popular with young people. But I wouldn't say teens and twens. I'd say children! 

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 08-10-2008 4:34 AM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Hello Tom,

Sunday mornings are sometimes hard-awakenings, and the nightmare-vision of these TVs did not help  Ick!Ick!Ick! 

One solution, rush to the living-room, and bring my BV9 back to life.

Have a nice sunday,

Yann.

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 08-10-2008 5:59 AM In reply to

• SKApretto71
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Europe - Italy - Tuscany - Fucecchio
    • Posts 66
    • Founder

Lot of these in Italy.

Anything spacial, they made even LCD computer screens - with good price/performance ratio. For the TVs, I never heard anything good about them.

---

Raffaele "SKApretto n.71" Sgherri

I like Chrome and spread it!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)