in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-04-2008 9:59 AM by beologisch. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-02-2008 7:19 AM

do I have misleading ears ?

I've noticed a slight difference in sound after replacing my BL5000 amp. by a BL4500 amp [because the green display fits the green display of our penta !!!'s better] and vice versa, is this possible beacause they seemed simular in [almost] every way ?!

The sound of the "new" BL5000 have slightly more bass and the "new" BL4500 with now amber display [looks very nice in there] on our bedroomwall, sounds a bit more high-pitched; is this possible or perhaps my ears are deceiving me ?

Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 08-02-2008 8:22 AM In reply to

Re: do I have misleading ears ?

The amps on the BL4500 were designed to give a slight uplift in the bass.

Regards Graham

• 08-02-2008 10:42 AM In reply to

Have a look at the excellent description on Beocentral - both have a lift which is determined by the level of output at 1kHz. The bass boost , if I remember correctly, was 2dB more for the 3000 than the 5000. Fine sounding speakers.
  • 08-04-2008 4:35 AM In reply to

thnx for the replies : that's a relief ...............I'm glad there's nothing wrong with my ears after all ...............:-)

I'm very happy with the result,allthough I had'nt thought the difference would be that noticable, but it really is !

• 08-04-2008 4:39 AM In reply to

Sounds as if you have very good ears! 

• 08-04-2008 9:59 AM In reply to

soundproof:
    Sounds as if you have very good ears! 

my wife agrees with you and big ones as well............Wink

the daughter in the house is not always happy about that...............................Laughing

me hearing a bit too well, that is....................[:'(]

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)