in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-01-2008 1:49 PM by burantek. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-01-2008 4:55 AM

Telephone answering machine woes....

Hi everyone.

First proper post here, hope for some guidance?

I have a problem with getting my Beotalk1200 to work with my home phone system.

It is set up with one Brit Telecom line coming in but organge broadband gives me a second line from the Livebox for free outgoing calls.

Here is the rough layout:

BT wall socket

ADSL filter

splitter

BT1200 answer phone                           Orange Broadband box  

(inbound call line) mk1 beocom 2                        (free outbound call line) mk2 beocom 2

Whenever I plug in the 1200 it says the line is in use and the unit will not work. I have taken it to the dealers and theyhave shown me its working fine, so it seems to be my system that is wrong.

ANyone see where I have gone wrong or where the 1200 should be sited?

Cheers all!

Filed under: ,
  • 08-01-2008 7:55 AM In reply to

Re: Telephone answering machine woes....

Must be the broadband - have you tried a different filter? The 1200 seems to be a sensitive soul. Mine drives me crackers! Why they didn't put a back up battery in it is beyond me.
  • 08-01-2008 9:55 AM In reply to

not sure about this "split."
    my 1200 is in a typical setup and functions fine...

if you have extra filters...

remove the filter between the wall and the splitter and try (2) filters placed: (1) between the splitter and the 1200 and (1) between the splitter and the orange. there may be a conflict issue killing the singular filter as it is now... just a guess??? have you tried a typical setup w/o the split using two different wall jacks?

@peter: what part of the 1200 memory would be protected by the battery? mine seemingly retains everything off power.
    • B&o bottle opener
  • 08-01-2008 11:26 AM In reply to

Thanks for the answres guys, will have a play.

• 08-01-2008 1:06 PM In reply to

burantek:
    not sure about this "split."
    my 1200 is in a typical setup and functions fine...

if you have extra filters...

remove the filter between the wall and the splitter and try (2) filters placed: (1) between the splitter and the 1200 and (1) between the splitter and the orange. there may be a conflict issue killing the singular filter as it is now... just a guess??? have you tried a typical setup w/o the split using two different wall jacks?

@peter: what part of the 1200 memory would be protected by the battery? mine seemingly retains everything off power.

The time! It resets to default so you cannot tell what time people call at. Needs only a second power cut for this to happen. 

• 08-01-2008 1:49 PM In reply to

Peter :

burantek:

The time! It resets to default so you cannot tell what time people call at. Needs only a second power cut for this to happen. 

ah! -sorry, i was thinking beyond that: group / vox announce / the outgoing messages themselves, etc... -d'oh! ;-)
    • B&o bottle opener
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)