in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-28-2008 3:28 PM by darioazul. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-28-2008 8:37 AM

• Olof
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-12-2007
    • Posts 141
    • Bronze Member

Does anybody use 4 BeoLab3 for a surround system ?

I love these BeoLab3 and just wondering why you never can see in B&Os  catalogue a surround system with 4 of them ?
  • 07-28-2008 8:50 AM In reply to

Re: Does anybody use 4 BeoLab3 for a surround system ?

I have actually seen photos with four --

I think having five (one center) would be perfect. They're very powerful speakers given their size - I have two now as back surrounds, and on the few occasions that they really get tested they deliver. (They're really wasted as back surrounds - given the moderate info that actually comes through those channels. But on the occasional movie they do make a difference.)

But five set up for surround would look very nice, deliver excellent sound and do you proud. (Though you might want to have a BL2 or other sub to deliver ooommph in the bottom register ...)

• 07-28-2008 9:47 AM In reply to

I do own a pair of BL3 that are acting as surround and i'm quite happy with it; just perfect for the function.

Sometimes i look at them and feel that they should be used more, but i don't see movies all the time, though.

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 07-28-2008 9:55 AM In reply to

I have 4 of these connected to a Beovision 9 (the Lounge). They sound great but...I have a 'movie room' with 2 Beolab 9's (as fronts) and 2 Beolab 3 as rears, and a sub...The sound from the Lounge doesn't compare to the Movie room (obviously I guess)...Which is fine as I use the setup in the Lounge for general viewing, and use the movie room for, well, movies...

What I'm getting at is I can compare the two, and my advice to you is if you're thinking of these speakers to watch movies on, they need the sub. If you can get these and the sub, I would. They sound nice, but with the sub they are sweet...I had the sub in the lounge for a bit, and when I took it out it made a hell of a difference. I was actually suprised at how much they do get used as rears as well, I personally think they are worth having there.

Hope that helps.

• 07-28-2008 10:13 AM In reply to

I have four BL3s with a BL2 sub in my living room, coupled to a 32" Avant.  I'm very pleased with both the sound quality and the good system integration.  I recommend the system highly.  (Five BL3s would be better, of course, if you don't have a decent center channel - the Avant is, of course, more than decent.)  

I hope this helps.  

Best,

Dave
    Dave Sausalito Audio LLC
  • 07-28-2008 10:16 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

In the 2006-2007 catalogue, you could see a BV7-32 (there was no 7-40 at that time) on floor stand with a BL2 and 4 BL3 on stand...

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 07-28-2008 3:28 PM In reply to

Dear Dave: 

Would you please explain, a little, as to the benefits of having, in the example give 5 BL 3s, a BL 3 as a center channel?  Would a BL 7-4 be 'better or worst'?  

Just wondering, in the future I am planning a more robust surround set up then the current, BL 9 front, BL 3 rear, & BL 7-4 center hooked to BV 7.

Thanks,

Dario 

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)