in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-25-2008 10:34 AM by JPRIZZI1. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-21-2008 10:19 AM

Beovox S120 Speaker covers

Hello -

I own a pair of Beovox S120 speakers. I need to replace the top covers. Mine a broken and I have no way of attaching them to the speaker cabinets. If anyone has a pair of these covers and wants to sell them, please let me know. I am looking for covers in excellent condition.

Thank you

Regrards

James

• 07-21-2008 12:00 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: Beovox S120 Speaker covers

Hi James.
    If you struggle getting any, you could try repairing them yourself as I did HERE

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 07-21-2008 12:43 PM In reply to

Hi Andy,

I don't have the plastic extensions needed to attach the speaker cover to the cabinet. If I did have them I would try to glue them back. 

Thanks

James 

• 07-21-2008 4:11 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

If you mean the "plugs" are broken then Andy's fix is a way of getting round this, it is basically a method of replacing these plugs. This is quite a common problem with this series of speakers. I have done something very similar myself in the past with some "S" type speakers and it works very well.

Chris.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 07-22-2008 2:07 PM In reply to

Chris,

I don't know what to use as replacement "plugs". They would have to fit exactly in order to look good.

Thanks

James  

• 07-22-2008 3:30 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Hi James,

when I did my repair I used dry wall plaster board plugs (the grey ones) and cut off the 2 "arrow head" type prongs. I drilled holes in the speaker cover points where the original locating pins were and piloted some screws into them before unscrewing them and cutting off the heads. Next I glued the blunt ends of the screws with epoxy resin into the plaster board plugs. When they had set I then simply screwed them into the pre - drilled holes in the frets also fixing them with epoxy resin, they were a perfect fit and a bit of black paint finished them off nicelySmile

I hope my description makes sense as some photo's would have helped here but these speakers are long gone from my possession.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 07-23-2008 8:37 AM In reply to

Chris,

Thank you. Your information was very helpful.

I don't want to do anything as brave as you did. I don't want to drill any holes in my speakers. I will continue to

look. Maybe I will get lucky.

Thanks again

Regards

James

• 07-23-2008 9:48 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

It isn't too difficult James,

the holes are drilled in your already broken speaker frets - not the speakers themselves so you really have nothing to lose.

Chris.

• 07-25-2008 10:34 AM In reply to

Thanks for the confidence. I will try this weekend.

Regards

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)